Why didn't Armenians or Georgians ever become Muslim like the Anatolians, Azeris, Circassians, et cetera did?

Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
there were many Armenian and Georgian kings and member of notabilities who converted to Islam and became muslim, iranian kings generally forced them to convert to islam or face invasion so they made the logical choice and accepted islam.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
there were many Armenian and Georgian kings and member of notabilities who converted to Islam and became muslim, iranian kings generally forced them to convert to islam or face invasion so they made the logical choice and accepted islam.
Even if that's true, though, their people largely remained Christian.

Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
Even if that's true, though, their people largely remained Christian.
not really, most of Armenians became muslim and were absorbed by Turks on both sides. most of turkey and Azarbaijan is essentially Muslim Armenian land populated by Turkified Armenians.

Feb 2019
Planet Earth
not really, most of Armenians became muslim and were absorbed by Turks on both sides. most of turkey and Azarbaijan is essentially Muslim Armenian land populated by Turkified Armenians.
Not at all. Azerbaijanis are a mix of Iranians and Turkic tribes. Most Armenians lived in Eastern Anatolia so assimilated Armenians are likely to be Kurds.But I believe they are few anyway. Muslim Georgians are a separate entity in Iran, but they are highly assimilated like those in Turkey.

Last edited:

Decembrist

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
the Nile to the Euphrates
Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
Not at all. Azerbaijanis are a mix of Iranians and Turkic tribes. Most Armenians lived in Eastern Anatolia so assimilated Armenians are likely to be Kurds.But I believe they are few anyway. Muslim Georgians are a separate entity in Iran, but they are highly assimilated like those in Turkey.
you are right, most of Hidden Armenians live in Eastern Anatolia and were either Kurdified or Turkified recently.

Jun 2019
Afghanistan originally
I know a Kurdish guy. He looks like Armenian, many people think he is.
Is he an Alvi Kurd ? When Kurds saved some Armenians from Ottomans these are naina adopted kuridsh culture, language and religion and mixed with them.

Decembrist

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
the Nile to the Euphrates
Is he an Alvi Kurd ? When Kurds saved some Armenians from Ottomans these are naina adopted kuridsh culture, language and religion and mixed with them.
I'm not sure if there are any Alevis in Russia ;) He's from Yazidi family.