Why didn't Indian civilization spread to its west?

stevev

Ad Honorem
Apr 2017
Las Vegas, NV USA
Indian civilization did not spread to the west likely because of the Thar Desert and as mentioned the presence of Persia beyond it.

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Indian civilization did not spread to the west likely because of the Thar Desert and as mentioned the presence of Persia beyond it.
Not a likely reason as it must be said that Persia did not abut the Thar desert on the west but was separated from it by the fertile valley of the Sindhu ( aka Indus ) river, and ancient India did include the Indus valley, too.

Sep 2016
天下
The notion that indo aryan/indian language speakers originated anywhere else outside indian subcontinent is akin to english speakers originating in australia just because its spoken there
You just shot yourself in the foot with this anology. If English speakers cannot be assumed to originate from Australia just because English is spoken there, why should we assume Indians are native to India just because Indic languages are spoken there?

Aug 2017
USA
The so called nascant civilizations could have willfully chosen not to adopt hinduism and buddhism i think that propagation of religion doesnt equal influence which is brough through conquest
And yet they did adopt Hinduism, Buddhism, and other features of contemporary Indian civilization. I am not necessarily claiming to have an explanation for why segments of Southeast Asian populations adopted Indian religions in the first place but for why these initial influences, when adopted, led to other influences all of which had a fundamental impact in shaping the course of civilizations in Southeast Asia.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Indian religions are not predatory. If one adopts one, it is OK, if one adopts another, then too, it is OK. They are not competitive. Christianity and Islam do not allow one to go back. That is being a heretic, and a very serious act, at least in Islam.

Apr 2019
India
Indian religions are not predatory. If one adopts one, it is OK, if one adopts another, then too, it is OK. They are not competitive. Christianity and Islam do not allow one to go back. That is being a heretic, and a very serious act, at least in Islam.
Oh yes. Every person regardless of their colour/gender/language/custom/religion can enter the Indian heaven. The only criteria to enter Indian heaven is good moral conduct. Unfortunately as a Hindu I'm bound to burn in Christian and Islamic heavens. ;-)

Apr 2019
India
LOL. But you do not burn in heaven. You chill. Only in hell you burn.
Whaever it is heaven or hell, it is not fair of Christian and Muslim Gods to burn us infidels. I'll lead a mass revolt against them after dying. I'll shout this slogan - 'Infiedals need equal rights.' Even on earth law only punishes the criminals. Then why it's not fair in heaven?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
All because of the jealous God: ".. for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate Me .."