Why didn't the 1989 Tiananmen crackdown result in a domino effect and bring down the government?

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
Three students. Attempting to attend Hu's funeral
there had been three students, among those breaking into the great hall, kneed down in the great hall, demanding li peng to immediately talk with them in person.

that is not "three students attempting to attend Hu's funeral", neither *three* nor *attending funeral*

and in fact, on the day of 18th, zhongnanhai was blocked by protesters.

just as white house is not allowed to be blocked, zhongnanhai is not too. the administration must run to prevent chaos, protest is not a justified means to blocking administration.

Reactions: Karst Hill Fort
Nov 2014
India
usually those holding negative opinions of china turn historical threads into current or political threads.
I hold Taiwan in very high regard. I put it above even Scandinavian countries. So, I have nothing against China. It is the authoritarian regime that is the problem.

Reactions: Abraham95

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
I hold Taiwan in very high regard. I put it above even Scandinavian countries. So, I have nothing against China. It is the authoritarian regime that is the problem.
1. not appreciated whatever is your rating of one of our provinces, we don't need it.
2. #23 is irrelevant about historical phase as this sub-forum interested, no matter what opinion you take on PRC
3. words like "headed for a massive cull" in #23 is purely inciting and out of no-idea-coming-from-where hatred.

Jul 2019
hongkong
Both Chinese and Westerners believe in their own media, but the media are attacking each other.

I want to say to the here Chinese :

The post of this article is to raise accusations against the CCP, and the Internet is full of similar remarks.but Only the Tiananmen incident and the Cultural Revolution. no Innovation . They have been talking for 30 years.

So it doesn't matter, don't controversy, don't be excited .

The Chinese do not believe in these remarks because China has 100 million people traveling abroad each year. And very understanding of the West.

The real question is whether Westerners understand China?

Nov 2019
Solar System
Both Chinese and Westerners believe in their own media, but the media are attacking each other.

I want to say to the here Chinese :

The post of this article is to raise accusations against the CCP, and the Internet is full of similar remarks.but Only the Tiananmen incident and the Cultural Revolution. no Innovation . They have been talking for 30 years.

So it doesn't matter, don't controversy, don't be excited .

The Chinese do not believe in these remarks because China has 100 million people traveling abroad each year. And very understanding of the West.

The real question is whether Westerners understand China?
Any media, no matter what ideology they support, should at least report the true state of affairs. That's the basic requirement of journalism. Sadly, many media around the world today cannot even fulfill this basic requirement. They're all blinded by their ideology. And this problem is especially severe with western media, who like to pretend that they are free and unbiased, yet turn a blind eye on the suffering and ordeal of the HK citizens at the hands of the rioters, simply because the rioters are pro-western. This is unacceptable, the worst kind of journalism you would ever get.

MG1962a

Ad Honorem
Mar 2019
Kansas
Ironically, the ones shouting "freedom and democracy" the loudest are the ones that always try to force their opinion onto others. And if others don't agree, they either verbally abuse others, calling names such as "mindless" or "fifty-cents army", or even worse, beating them up or burning them alive, like what those masked rioters did "in the name of democracy".

Just like what heylouis said in his signature, yes we have a wall on the Internet, but you guys have a wall around your heart, and it's worse than our wall.
How do you know any of this given you are not allowed to discuss Tiananmen Square.

Or perhaps you would like to explain the term May 35th instead

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
How do you know any of this given you are not allowed to discuss Tiananmen Square.

Or perhaps you would like to explain the term May 35th instead
how do you know chinese is not allowed to discuss tiananmen?

May 35th is a meanlingless term created by so called democracy movement in hk and west.

in mainland it is straightly called six four.

Nov 2014
India
1. not appreciated whatever is your rating of one of our provinces, we don't need it.
2. #23 is irrelevant about historical phase as this sub-forum interested, no matter what opinion you take on PRC
3. words like "headed for a massive cull" in #23 is purely inciting and out of no-idea-coming-from-where hatred.
I like your reply, it is very funny!

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
LOL You are only 9 years late with your rebuttle
i don't know what is this, or whether it is just another faked joke as Bear Pooh.

however, your attitude appears to be common in west. facing disagreement with chinese people on how china nation should run, the west usually ignore what chinese people have in mind, practically enough to reveal that the most people of the west do not sincerely care china and chinese people, they just hypocritically want to make fun on PRC or ccp.