Why exactly did constantine make Sunday a day of rest and is it in correlation with the Catholic church?

Jul 2019
New Jersey
As far as I'm aware, it was initially a day of prayer and assembly because Jesus was crucified on Sunday. Eventually, it merged with the concept of the Jewish Sabbath, which Christians transferred from Sabbath to Sunday.

Mar 2019
Kansas
I am trying to find some information on why Constantine made sunday the day of rest?
Book of Genesis

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

Apr 2014
Liverpool, England
By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
[/QUOTE]

But that was Saturday.

Reactions: Abraham95

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
To marry pagan believers and Biblical doctrine. One step in that process is joining the holidays. One takes "Pagan Day" and announces that it is also "Jesus Day" - so to speak. It was an old trick, even then.

Edict of 321
"All judges, city people, and craftsmen shall rest on the venerable day of the sun."

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Book of Genesis

Ceptin the week starts on Sunday ... I know becasue my pill box ;

1573330858839.png

In any case , I respect it as I do a 'reverse Christian work ethic' ; I work on Sunday and have the other 6 days off .

But back to the REAL reason why Sunday was made a day off / day of rest ; no one wants to pay double time , thats why .

Even Jehovah didnt get double time when he made the Universe !