Why IRAN getting panicky?

Oct 2006
Whenever there is a discussion on IRAN regarding the dreaded N-issue they react sensitively. Can anyone understand their sentiments and let us know here what does they actually want? Will they become anothe N.Korea and come out with a test shortly?

Nick

Historum Emeritas
Jul 2006
UK
They're scared of US imperialism. Like Korea, they will make weapons of mass destruction to deter another Iraq-style invasion.
They're next door to Iraq, they fear they could be next.

MrStoff1989

Historum Emeritas
Aug 2006
Tennessee
Nick said:
They're scared of US imperialism. Like Korea, they will make weapons of mass destruction to deter another Iraq-style invasion.

Hmmm, Well thats relevant, I think they should be! There leader is crazy as hell!

Sep 2006
Korea (but I'm American!)
Iran is much more dangerous than North Korea and much more powerful. Their influence extends to Syria, Lebanon, Turkmenistan, Western Afghanistan and Southern Iraq. Once America withdraws from Iraq, Iran will move toward becoming the regional hegemony. I believe their primary enemies will be Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and possibly India.
Iran has been developing the bomb long before 2003, but having the bomb certainly helps to deter attacks. Persia has had a long history of dominating the region, so they are filling out their natural role in the region. This will be very bad for the US and the US will oppose Iran at every turn because America's foreign policy is to oppose the rise of any regional hegemony. Unfortunately we removed Iran's counterbalancer(Iraq), so we can't rely on Saddam anymore.

Jun 2006
Nick said:
That is hitting the ol' nail on the head. They fear regime change like they have seen us do before. For right or wrong, that is what they fear....or so they claim. What was that phrase Kennedy once said..."We should never negogiate out of fear but we should never fear to negogiate."

It may be time to sit down with these people, crazy or otherwise, and work something out that benefits us all before it is too late for us all.

Jul 2008
I don't think Iran is getting "panicky". I think they have shown a lot of restraint givin the threats imposed on them by the west and their allies. They have repeatedly said that there nuclear program is for energy use. Obviously the west is no buying that, but Iran knows what they are doing. I think the average person in the west tends to think that Iran is another Iraq and they are far from it. They are a much more stabilized, intelligent, and powerful nation. Iran did invent the game of chess afterall and they are playing the game very well.