Why is China scared of Tibet?

Oct 2015
India
Islamic methods of war / conquest and conversion were fairly standard across geographies.

I like to believe that in India methods of conversion became softer during Mughal Rule.

Jul 2014
world
Islamic methods of war / conquest and conversion were fairly standard across geographies.

I like to believe that in India methods of conversion became softer during Mughal Rule.
It was not only the muslims who engaged in cruel behaviors.Please read what Qing did to the Huis and muslim invaders in India will look tame.

May 2017
China
this thread have going to no where and this thread are 8 years old.

look i know chinese hater in here trying to make china and chinese look bad, but for your own information, we chinese do not scare of tibet.

saying china scare of tibet is just like saying america scare of texas

saying china scare of inner mongolia is just like saying america scare of new mexico

all of this stuff is none sense.

end this thread, close it.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
this thread have going to no where and this thread are 8 years old.

look i know chinese hater in here trying to make china and chinese look bad, but for your own information, we chinese do not scare of tibet.

saying china scare of tibet is just like saying america scare of texas

saying china scare of inner mongolia is just like saying america scare of new mexico

all of this stuff is none sense.

end this thread, close it.
Don't like it? Don't read it and don't participate.

Mar 2019
Canada
Ma's father was a Hero no doubt but we are talking about his son.

Warlord Ma called the Tibetan tribes for a peace meeting and killed the tribal chiefs. That was his only brilliance. The Tibetan army he supposedly defeated were small in numbers and outnumbered and outgunned multiple times.

Ma did try to exterminate Tibetans by genocide and forced conversions. He only stopped because Tibetans paid back in full. When Ma's army disemboweled and beheaded Tibetan children, Tibetan tribes skinned adult muslims alive and converted muslim children . For more than 30 long years he tried to kill and bribe the Tibetan tribes into submission but failed.

Ma failed against the Tibetans , against the Japanese and against the communists. He may not have been incompetent as Chiang but he was close.

Compare him to Liu Wenhui and the difference is stark.
Well, his army had Tibetans, and nothing came to them, to be honest, I don't think people in China cares about Tibetan tribes, they were seen as barbarians, while Tibetan and Muslims under his rule were seen as Chinese. The centuries old notion of Chinese barbarian tribes plays a important role, considering that Tibetan tribes frequently raided Chinese villages and towns, which had ethnic Tibetans living in them, if he did this without a revolt from the local Tibetan population, it's pretty clear they were on board too.

Feb 2016
ROK
I was on another thread and a thought occurred to me. Why does China refuse to grant Tibet autonomy? Do they fear Tibetans or is it something else? Does Tibet have valuable minerals? What exactly does autonomy mean? This issue confuses me. Would someone mind explaining the problem to me in an unbiased way?
I really don't know as I'm not from China. I remember many years ago when Jiang Zemin was in America. He explained on television that Tibet is a very large area in China. Granting Tibet independence would mean losing a large part of China.

Jul 2014
world
Well, his army had Tibetans, and nothing came to them, to be honest, I don't think people in China cares about Tibetan tribes, they were seen as barbarians, while Tibetan and Muslims under his rule were seen as Chinese. The centuries old notion of Chinese barbarian tribes plays a important role, considering that Tibetan tribes frequently raided Chinese villages and towns, which had ethnic Tibetans living in them, if he did this without a revolt from the local Tibetan population, it's pretty clear they were on board too.
I know Ma had Tibetans in his army. Most of them had blood feuds with the rebels or they were from near Xining area.

I am not complaining about Ma killing Tibetan raiders. Ma had full right to do that. His destruction of Temples and forced conversions and killing of children is what I am against. For the record I am also against the Tibetan tribes who behaved liked animals against the Hui muslims. Both sides behaved atrociously but We have to understand that Ma started his genocidal attacks first and Tibetans only responded to it.

Jul 2014
world
I really don't know as I'm not from China. I remember many years ago when Jiang Zemin was in America. He explained on television that Tibet is a very large area in China. Granting Tibet independence would mean losing a large part of China.
Only nationalist Tibetans want independence. Even Dalai Lama is willing to accept autonomy.

Most of us are just want to live a good life which is possible because of vast sums of money that Beijing provides to TAR and Autonomous Tibetan Prefectures in Sichuan, Qinghai, Gansu and Yunnan province. Without this money Tibet becomes siberia without the oil. Nationalists will have to open their eyes and see reality.

Oct 2015
India
Only nationalist Tibetans want independence. Even Dalai Lama is willing to accept autonomy.

Most of us are just want to live a good life which is possible because of vast sums of money that Beijing provides to TAR and Autonomous Tibetan Prefectures in Sichuan, Qinghai, Gansu and Yunnan province. Without this money Tibet becomes siberia without the oil. Nationalists will have to open their eyes and see reality.
Given the authoritarian nature of Communist dispensations, their definition of "autonomy" can be very different from someone else's definition. If I am in a house and am free to go to loo whenever I want then I have 'autonomy to go to loo whenever I want'. Another person may feel he has 'real autonomy' only when he is free to go out of the house for walks whenever he wants. So would you please define your understanding of "autonomy"?

Finally, please elaborate your understanding of 'autonomy'.

PS: Secondly, the idea of living on Chinese dole is not a bright one. You seem to accept that Tibet may have to do this for long time to come.

Jul 2014
world
Given the authoritarian nature of Communist dispensations, their definition of "autonomy" can be very different from someone else's definition. If I am in a house and am free to go to loo whenever I want then I have 'autonomy to go to loo whenever I want'. Another person may feel he has 'real autonomy' only when he is free to go out of the house for walks whenever he wants. So would you please define your understanding of "autonomy"?

Finally, please elaborate your understanding of 'autonomy'.

PS: Secondly, the idea of living on Chinese dole is not a bright one. You seem to accept that Tibet may have to do this for long time to come.
I don’t care for autonomy. It is what Dalai Lama and his followers want.

I want good roads, good schools and good job opportunities. All that cost money and Beijing provides it.

Please have a look at Bhutan with its much gentle landscape and see how poor it is. Look at inner Mongolia and compare it to Outer Mongolia.

Tibetans have transitioned from a backward feudal culture into something resembling a modern people. We have Beijing to thank for it not TGIE.