Why Isn't Taiwain part of the PRC?

Oct 2013
Canada
Taiwan is independent for practical purposes, but that is fleeting. Taiwan is more and more dependent on China economically. It's lack of opportunities send their talented youths into China. If China ghosts Taiwan and refuse to do business, and in two decades blockade it and get away with it, the island will bend. Then the island bottleneck would be eliminated and the Pacific Ocean opened to China via Taiwanese ports.

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
Taiwan is independent for practical purposes, but that is fleeting. Taiwan is more and more dependent on China economically. It's lack of opportunities send their talented youths into China. If China ghosts Taiwan and refuse to do business, and in two decades blockade it and get away with it, the island will bend. Then the island bottleneck would be eliminated and the Pacific Ocean opened to China via Taiwanese ports.
taiwan economy is dependent on mainland china.
but mainland is not using any economic control over taiwan. on the contrary, it is the DPP inside taiwan island promoting isolation from mainland, which was disagreed by many taiwan people.

for instance, it has long been known that the sun flower movement demanded a cut off from chinese market. however, the target of the movement was actually the service trade, which was controlled on the taiwan island side rather than the mainland side.

Oct 2013
Canada
The Republic of China (Taiwan) is an independent country. No amount of PRC propaganda can change that.
Like Hong Kong, Taiwan is tied to China by an umbilical cord. Taiwan may be an independent state, but it is reliant on China for survival and well-being. Over time, the integration with China will force unification. There is no independent future for Taiwan.

Larrey

Ad Honorem
Sep 2011
Like Hong Kong, Taiwan is tied to China by an umbilical cord. Taiwan may be an independent state, but it is reliant on China for survival and well-being. Over time, the integration with China will force unification. There is no independent future for Taiwan.
Well, there still could be.

If the Taiwanese want if bad enough, AND – the way the world currently works – they maintain a credible conventional military deterrence, complemented by developing a credible nuclear deterrence on top.

Oct 2013
Europix
a person is called brainwashed because the person is unable to hold consistency on the view points, aka preventing double standards.
Nope, it's not exactly the meaning of "brainwashed". A brainwashed person can very well hold consistent POV.

Not to say that if You call someone "brainwashed" You need to demonstrate with more than a simple personal opinion.

it is pointless to ask me what me think about whether taiwan people want. why the big circle?
Sorry, it's the very starting point to ask what the concerned person/people want.

If I discuss what is best for heylouis, the first thing I have to do is to see what heylouis himself thinks is best for him.

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
as for "decadent southerner", someone should not have a delusion of persecution.

i assumed it was introduced by the phenonomenon that taiwan's southern forward policies introduced a lot of prostitute in taiwan.

1. it is a fact.
prostitute were introduced, and complained (by taiwan inhabitants).
southern forward polices were told to be aimed at earn money from trade with countries southern to taiwan island. a) prostitute makes money flow out taiwan b) prostitute were not considered to be culture positive (taiwan, mainland, no difference. specifically, inhabitants of taiwan complain on prostitute)

2. the prostitute were reported (by taiwan inhabitants) from southeastern asian countries, which are southern to taiwan island.
i feel sorry, if someone automatically place australia in if one consider australia to be southern than taiwan, as if australia were reported to output prostitute
Yes, it is a sad case, but many people DO consider Australia as " southern to Taiwan " .

I dont know " If Australia reported to output prostitutes " though .

I had no idea there was an 'output prostitute' organization that we COULD BE reported to .

:eek:

Oct 2013
Canada
Well, there still could be.

If the Taiwanese want if bad enough, AND – the way the world currently works – they maintain a credible conventional military deterrence, complemented by developing a credible nuclear deterrence on top.
Taiwan does not belong to "Taiwanese." There is no Taiwanese citizenship or nationality. The island belongs to a unified Chinese Civilization State, and the successor state to that is the PRC. All other parties are renegade. All non-Chinese actors are foreign aliens. Whatever the way the world works now is irrelevant. If we be patient and the trajectory continues along its current path, China could just starve Taiwan, deny foreign military access to the region, and invade.

Oct 2013
Europix
Taiwan does not belong to "Taiwanese." There is no Taiwanese citizenship or nationality. The island belongs to a unified Chinese Civilization State, and the successor state to that is the PRC. ....
If a significant majority of Taiwan's inhabitants feel part of the Chinese nation and decide to unite with PRC, there's no such thing as "Taiwanese".

If a significant majority of Taiwan's inhabitants do not feel being a part of the Chinese nation and decide to be self-standing, there's "Taiwanese".

As for "Chinese Civilization State", that isn't that obvious.

Germans and Austrians are part of the same culture, civilization, language. But they are two different nations, two different states.