Why Isn't Taiwain part of the PRC?

Oct 2013
Europix
Yes, it is a sad case, but many people DO consider Australia as " southern to Taiwan " .

I dont know " If Australia reported to output prostitutes " though .

I had no idea there was an 'output prostitute' organization that we COULD BE reported to .

:eek:
Oups, it seems You guys are even lower than "frigid Northeners"! :eek:

Oct 2013
Canada
If a significant majority of Taiwan's inhabitants feel part of the Chinese nation and decide to unite with PRC, there's no such thing as "Taiwanese".

If a significant majority of Taiwan's inhabitants do not feel being a part of the Chinese nation and decide to be self-standing, there's "Taiwanese".

As for "Chinese Civilization State", that isn't that obvious.

Germans and Austrians are part of the same culture, civilization, language. But they are two different nations, two different states.
Germans and Austrians are Europeans, a civilization-continent of nation states. China and Taiwan are Chinese, a civilization state. They are hardly comparable. Taiwan is a renegade province, a rogue state, and nothing it's inhabitants feel is important in what order the island belongs to.

Larrey

Ad Honorem
Sep 2011
Taiwan does not belong to "Taiwanese." There is no Taiwanese citizenship or nationality. The island belongs to a unified Chinese Civilization State, and the successor state to that is the PRC. All other parties are renegade. All non-Chinese actors are foreign aliens. Whatever the way the world works now is irrelevant. If we be patient and the trajectory continues along its current path, China could just starve Taiwan, deny foreign military access to the region, and invade.
There still could be. Give it time and a common destiny (in opposition to mainland PR China) and there can certainly be a Taiwanese nationality, even if one does not accept there is one already.

Nations have formed all over the place on less than that.

So sure, China might need to go to war and kill a lot of people over this.

Which is where Taiwanese relative deterrence capability comes in. How expensive is China prepared to accept this might be? That was always the lot of small nations.

Oct 2013
Canada
There still could be. Give it time and a common destiny (in opposition to mainland PR China) and there can certainly be a Taiwanese nationality, even if one does not accept there is one already.

Nations have formed all over the place on less than that.

So sure, China might need to go to war and kill a lot of people over this.

Which is where Taiwanese relative deterrence capability comes in. How expensive is China prepared to accept this might be? That was always the lot of small nations.
We have to ask another question. How much are Taiwanese are willing to give or expend for what I would call superficial indepenndence? It isn't indpendent, it feeds on China. A Taiwanese with talent and ambition leave the island for the mainland. There's little opportunity for them. Over time Taiwan will be absorbed.

Their new generation of young liberal lefties might say no to independence, but how much are they willing to bleed and sacrifice for their new identity? Probably not a lot. Without the US the island cannot put up a fight at all. It takes 2 Patriot missiles for a chance to maybe hit a single Chinese DF missile, which China has in abundance and can mass produce, and is more sophisticated but also 1/3 the price compared to anything Taiwan has.

Without a foreign power aiming to deny China her aspirations, Taiwan has nothing.

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
i assume there is a objection against the usage of term "southern forward policy"

i had hoped it be clear once i have stated the prostitute are from southeastern asian countries.

if it is still not clear, let us notice the fact "southern forward policy" is a term defined by DPP administration.
the term is a background context when we talk about taiwan

just like when we talk about green of taiwan, we should know it is not about a color.
and prostitute imported during the application of "southern forward policy" does not mean all countries southern to taiwan output prostitute

usage of terms always have their context. as the "southern forward policy" is not defined by me, i am unable to alter it when reference the prostitute situation.

it is a same situation i would not challenge the usage of "china", despite that is not what we call our nation

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland
We have to ask another question. How much are Taiwanese are willing to give or expend for what I would call superficial indepenndence? It isn't indpendent, it feeds on China. A Taiwanese with talent and ambition leave the island for the mainland. There's little opportunity for them. Over time Taiwan will be absorbed.

Their new generation of young liberal lefties might say no to independence, but how much are they willing to bleed and sacrifice for their new identity? Probably not a lot. Without the US the island cannot put up a fight at all. It takes 2 Patriot missiles for a chance to maybe hit a single Chinese DF missile, which China has in abundance and can mass produce, and is more sophisticated but also 1/3 the price compared to anything Taiwan has.

Without a foreign power aiming to deny China her aspirations, Taiwan has nothing.
Taiwanese or Hong Kong independence is 99.9% pipe dreams; both areas depend on China for foods, daily items, career aspirations and many more items.
Some people may point out that Taiwan and Hong Kong are "advanced economies" while China is still a Newly Industrialized Country; then, the sheer volume of China means that Taiwan and Hong Kong are increasingly inconsequential.

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
it is really meaningless to ask what ME think what taiwan people want.

a person can speak out anything what he/she researched as reported what the taiwan people want.

question is that is different from "what ME think" what taiwan people want..........

somebody appears trying to lecture me to make some confession. and that is strange and pointless. don't teach me political correctness. taiwan independence do not weight on my personal opinions of the future of taiwan. it only makes a weight in which way the cost shall be minimized.

i read taiwan medias, i know the ideas vary.
a over-simplified version of the situation already had been given out, which could be repeated again here.
1. if US is going to be at war with PRC, many yet not most would choose independence
2. if US is not going to be at war with PRC, most choose not independence.

the real situation is in fact far more complex.

it is known that the "taiwan independence" entered education system as required by politician Li denghui, which is the reason of new generations's shift to independence opinion.
educations can make independence babies, and educations can also make non-independence babies. counter-shift could be made, either with another taiwan poliltician, nor with military pressure.
it is that simple.

and at last, we will still keep the right of a unification war.
no matter you like it or dislike it, i feel no moral burden on that potential option.
the only problem is when and how many lives going to be cost

Last edited:
Right now China does not administer Taiwan, which is an independent entity.

If the people of Taiwan want to join China, they could vote for that in a plebiscite. But politics in Taiwan indicates that the people want to stay independent. If that is what they want, I don't see how anyone can justify their country being taken over by China.

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
the job of west could do, as i repeated, is their people urge the international world to drop the "one china" policies which acknowledge taiwan to be part of china.

some posters love here lecturing me what i should think, or how china is bad as a democracy concerns. that is so meaningless.

actions not words.
sincerity not hypocrisy.

if you defend taiwan independence with actions, i respect you. i despise those lecturing guys with no actions.

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
Right now China does not administer Taiwan, which is an independent entity.

If the people of Taiwan want to join China, they could vote for that in a plebiscite. But politics in Taiwan indicates that the people want to stay independent. If that is what they want, I don't see how anyone can justify their country being taken over by China.
i can easily find guys oppose the independence.
for example, watch the dialogue360 of youtube channel.

and yes, unification could be accomplished via wars if necessary.

Similar History Discussions