why Japan has historical territorial dispute with every neighbor?

Status
Closed
Sep 2011
BEIJING CHINA
Why Japan has historical territorial dispute with every single neighbor? Russia,PRC(the people's republic of China), ROC(the Repbulic of China), North and South Korea.Those countries make every single neighbor of Japan.

Voice of Russia: 2012 Recap: Battles for islands
Anastasiya Pershkina

Dec 25, 2012 12:13 Moscow Time

2012 has become the peak of many territorial conflicts. It is true that it is still a long way to go to reach reconciliation between some countries but at least it is clear what the countries are arguing about. The basis of every conflict is the economy and fighting for mineral resources.

Japan turned out in the centre of all territorial disputes in 2012. It is constantly trying to claim rights on the islands of neighbouring countries.

If it had achieved at least one positive result Japan would have established a precedent for solving all other conflicts. Until recently it was believed that the reason for arguing was Japan's complex of an insular country and its appreciation of any spot of land.
That's what Russians believed where the problems lie.

Sep 2011
BEIJING CHINA
Japan and South Korea have been arguing about several small islands in the western part of the Sea of Japan for 50 years. The islands are called Dokdo in South Korea and Takeshima in Japan.

The worst conflict of 2012 was Japan's fight with PRC and ROC for the islands of Diaoyu or Senkaku, as the Japanese call them.

Dispute with Russia for the South Kuril Islands

Aug 2013
South Korea
Those are historical disputes which haven't been resolved till this day. We can talk about the history of those disputes and see where they are coming from
There are no valid historical reasons for Japan to claim Dokdo, or Liancourt Rocks. And may I remind you that China also has territorial disputes at its east, west, and south.

'Nuff said. I am not going to post anymore on this thread.

tornada

Ad Honoris
Mar 2013
India
Those are historical disputes which haven't been resolved till this day. We can talk about the history of those disputes and see where they are coming from
Then do so, but don't go on about the 2012 disputes. So far all your posts have focused on recent territorial disputes, and you have pursued a highly motivated anti-japanese agenda, going so far as to accuse a member of racism for no other reason than his user handle being Japanese.

To the best of my knowledge territorial disputes between these two nations often go hundreds of years, and were exacerbated during World War II. Japan is certainly not unique in this dispute with its neighbors. Due to the Island nature of East Asia and highly depopulated and hostile terrain, most regions were informal borders. The Border issues have cropped up due to resource hunts, especially regarding Oil. But japan is certainly not the only country to have border issues with its Neighbors, and like most of the other countries in the region, has usually worked within the frames of international consensus and diplomacy to negotiate these issues.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
These disputes largely arise from the 19th century. Compare that with the disputes China has and has had with its neighbours.

There is no equivalence.

Dec 2013
Beijing China
Then do so, but don't go on about the 2012 disputes. So far all your posts have focused on recent territorial disputes, and you have pursued a highly motivated anti-japanese agenda, going so far as to accuse a member of racism for no other reason than his user handle being Japanese.
Seems we got a new Moderator here.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
You know, when I was in Japan a couple of weeks ago, there were loads and loads of Chinese tourists enjoying their visit to Japan, Japanese culture, food etc., and the Japanese were very welcoming of these generally very polite and well mannered people.

On the other hand, it seems to me that most of the Japanese and Chinese I encounter on internet forums are ill-mannered, petty, narrow-minded and nationalistic, pushing blatantly transparent agendas.

Just an observation.

Status
Closed