Why Pakistan chose Urdu over Persian as it's National Language ?

Status
Closed
Aug 2019
United States
Urdu being the national language of Pakistan makes sense. After all, Punjabi and Sindhi Pakistanis are the descendants of Sudra tribes and Islamic invaders. A mix of Indic and Islamic much like Urdu.
Lol is that how you console yourself? I've noticed many Indian nationalists resort to caste insults towards Pakistanis when they're still salty about the partition. Anyways, there are many upper caste Hindus that converted to Islam in the Indus region but not that it matters because we don't/shouldn't care about the dumb caste system - it's an indian relic.

Aug 2019
United States
Urdu is as much Pakistani as much Turkish language is a Pakistani. There is no native Urdu speaking region in Pakistan. Urdu is Muslim variant of Hindi native to Gangetic plains its quite bizarre that Pakistan preferred to promote foreign languages (Urdu-English) instead of their own.

You are right, we see Mughals as barbarians from Central Asia, not at all Indians. Babur infact hated everything about India, how can he be even Indian.
Urdu is not foreign lmaoo, it's an Indo-European language like 98% of languages spoken in Pakistan. Doesn't India have English as official language?
Urdu is an invader language, it was developed in military camps. Hindu nationalists don't consider Aurangzeb, Tipu Sultan or the Babri masjid Indian so why stop at Urdu? That came out of the Islamic rule over the subcontinent, I agree with RSS - Urdu and other cultural vestiges of Islamic rule are alien to the Republic of India.

Jan 2019
Valencia
Lol is that how you console yourself? I've noticed many Indian nationalists resort to caste insults towards Pakistanis when they're still salty about the partition. Anyways, there are many upper caste Hindus that converted to Islam in the Indus region but not that it matters because we don't/shouldn't care about the dumb caste system - it's an indian relic.
Lol you think I'm an Indian nationalist? How quaint. C'mon bro, it's a fact of history. Pakistan (or rather the region that's is now called Pakistan) has spent most of its history being colonised by foreign invaders (not a single native empire). And the Punjab region has the largest population of Scheduled castes in South Asia. Naturally these populations have mixed together forming the beautiful Pakistani people.

Aug 2019
United States
Lol you think I'm an Indian nationalist? How quaint. C'mon bro, it's a fact of history. Pakistan (or rather the region that's is now called Pakistan) has spent most of its history being colonised by foreign invaders (not a single native empire). And the Punjab region has the largest population of Scheduled castes in South Asia. Naturally these populations have mixed together forming the beautiful Pakistani people.
whatever you say man, I'm not gonna waste my time debating a hypernationalist.

M.S. Islam

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Dhaka
Why e v e r y Indian is so obsessed with race and ethnicity? Is it because of the caste system?

Reactions: Abaseen

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Indians more so, after all it is a big part of Hinduism.
I don't believe so, It is more of a problem with Muslims, since they seek to hide their low caste origins. Among Hindus it is rather clear as to what caste peoples belong to, so it is less.

Aug 2019
United States
I don't believe so, It is more of a problem with Muslims, since they seek to hide their low caste origins. Among Hindus it is rather clear as to what caste peoples belong to, so it is less.
Nope. Casteism is central to Hinduism, caste don't matter in an Islamic society. Muslims can pray in the same mosque shoulder to shoulder regardless of color or caste.

Status
Closed