Why South Asian Muslims claim foreign ancestry ?

Jul 2018
North America
In my experience Muslims from south asia like boasting about how either their ancestors were foreign conquerors like from Central Asia like the Turks, Persians, Mughals, Afghans, or Arabs, or boast that they were high caste Hindu converts like Pandits, Kshatriya, or Rajput.

None of them want to associate themselves with Dalits whom they share ancestry in real life.

Why Desi Muslims claim forged ancestory and when they started doing this ?

This is very exclusive to the Desi Muslims as no other muslim community does this at this scale.

Desi Muslims = Pakistani Kashmiri, Panjabi, Sindhi, Muhajir.

And Indian, Lankan, Bangladeshi Muslims

Sep 2015
Sri Lanka
MUSLIMS AND THEIR DALIT ORIGINS IN INDIA

I assume you only want to discuss about Muslims presently living in India---in your parlance "Desi -Muslims" who constitute around 16% of the Indian population as of June 2018. [ around 225 million ] I am fully aware that there is a so called "Dalit Muslims" [I can only guess more than nearly 100 Million or so--I may be wrong! ] Despite converting to Islam they have not overcome the Discrimination and the Tyrannical Oppression of the "Caste System" of Brahmanism that is strongly ingrained in the the wider society where they are living and working .
However Islam [Not Muslim in the cultural sense] is basically Egalitarian and Non--discriminatory as a Religion-- at least compared to the Higherachial Hinduism. Hence so called dalit origins of Muslims are socially acceptable and treated fairly in their own society especially in the Mosques unlike in a Hindu Temples --Oh Lord Ganesha! Even in front of their so called Eternal Dharmic Gods and Deities :)
I guess You want to compare their Ancestry[ Race/Ethnicity genetically] with their Religion-- You're more concerned with their grandiose claim of descendants of the Foreign Conquerors and the converts high Casts Hindu Pandits, Kshatriya, or the Rajputs but not their true Identity of Dalits of India ---To Expose their Identity Theft ??

First Let us know from you the Genetic Ancestry of Kashmiri Brahmin Pandits [ ?? Dardic /Afganic origins] and the Different Tribes of "Angni Kula " Kshatriyas ["Rajputs" ]Eg White Huns who i was told mainly responsible for destroying the Buddhism and Buddhist monks from the land of their origin at the behest of Hindu Priests who converted most of the Buddhists Temples in the South into Vishnu Temples !! ----Leave the Kshatriyas of "Scythian origin" as we all know about them!-----Then we can take forward the discussion of True origins of Muslims in India" !

NB --I am from Sri lanka ---There is also a Caste system mostly based mostly on occupation not strictly based on Birth [ at least Now ] or "Karmic Actions" of your Past Lives ---Thank God we have no Priestly Class like in the Ancient Roman Empire or in The "Modern India" to divide permanently and Rule forever with their "Political Ideology masked as Religion" : ) :)

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
In my experience Muslims from south asia like boasting about how either their ancestors were foreign conquerors like from Central Asia like the Turks, Persians, Mughals, Afghans, or Arabs, or boast that they were high caste Hindu converts like Pandits, Kshatriya, or Rajput.
None of them want to associate themselves with Dalits whom they share ancestry in real life.
Converts were/are from all sections of Hindu society. Yes, Brahmins (Butts), Khatris, Rajpoots (Rathores, Chauhans), too converted to Islam.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Lots of non-Muslims also claim foreign ancestry, not just Muslims. They cook up all kinds of fanciful stories to make such foreign claims - the more northwest the better. It gives the impression that South Asians do not like to be or look like South Asians. Bollywood doesn't make it easy either. The real south Asian looking ones are delegated to the roles of extras, servants, street sweepers and so on. All this behavior will stop only when South Asians begin to respect themselves.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Lots of non-Muslims also claim foreign ancestry, not just Muslims. They cook up all kinds of fanciful stories to make such foreign claims - the more northwest the better. It gives the impression that South Asians do not like to be or look like South Asians. Bollywood doesn't make it easy either. The real south Asian looking ones are delegated to the roles of extras, servants, street sweepers and so on. All this behavior will stop only when South Asians begin to respect themselves.
It will not be historiclly correct if we say that there was no migration into India from North-west or north-east. People came here, settled here, mixed with the local population, giving some of their charistics to all and taking their characteristics into themselves. That is what happened in history. Only converts have inferiority complexes. You seem to be one of them.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
It will not be historiclly correct if we say that there was no migration into India from North-west or north-east. People came here, settled here, mixed with the local population, giving some of their charistics to all and taking their characteristics into themselves. That is what happened in history. Only converts have inferiority complexes. You seem to be one of them.
What are you saying? Are you saying that those directors and producers of Bollywood, and related entertainment industry who put the least looking Indians in the lead roles, and the most Indian looking ones as extras or on lowly roles, are converts with inferiority complexes?
Note: Please stop making characterizations about me at a personal level, based on your imaginations.

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Well, you have Rajnikant, Kamal Hasan, Sunil Shetty and Ajay Devgan. Success in Bollywood is a complex thing. Just being fair-skinned does not suffice.

Oct 2018
Panjab

Why Desi Muslims claim forged ancestory and when they started doing this ?

This is very exclusive to the Desi Muslims as no other muslim community does this at this scale.

Desi Muslims = Pakistani Kashmiri, Panjabi, Sindhi, Muhajir.

And Indian, Lankan, Bangladeshi Muslims

we dont claim foreign Ancestry and we are not Desi(Ganga-Dravida) people, we are Indus Valley people.

I am descended from Brahmin/Kshatriya Caste of Indo(Indus)-Aryans who Accepted Islam some 900 years ago by a sufi Saint alhumdidullah.

Similar History Discussions