Why the Orientation of Pyramids Correlates to Ice Ages

Status
Closed
Dec 2015
Earth
The correlation between the orientation of about 300 (ancient) structures spread around the world and the last four glaciations is so compelling that it in fact proves the true age of ancient structures. Forget about 10,000 years BC, think in terms of 110,000 years, and 240,000 years, and even 340,000 years.

Here is the link: Why the Orientation of Pyramids Correlates to Ice Ages

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
Nonsense. There is more than enough evidence now to prove that the current dating of the Pyramids is largely accurate. They are off by, at most, a couple of centuries because of the dodgy chronology we are using.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
well, I've had occasion to deal with alternative history, but some aspects are quite subjective. The precession cycle repeats itself, so only calculating the relative moves of the stars with reference to the sun we can go with accuracy more far.

Then archaeology is not totally mute about proto megalithic cultures during the last glacial age. At least its final phases.

So we cannot dismiss archaeology and consider valid an hypothesis just because of subjective interpretations of correlations.

Dec 2015
Earth
Nonsense. There is more than enough evidence now to prove that the current dating of the Pyramids is largely accurate. They are off by, at most, a couple of centuries because of the dodgy chronology we are using.
Which "pyramids" are you referring to?

Matthew Amt

Ad Honorem
Jan 2015
MD, USA
Sorry, this seems to be saying that the *geographical* pole has moved?? Never heard of that! The article also seems to be assuming that pyramids all over the world MUST be aligned on the north pole, for some reason, though most Egyptian structures that are aligned at all seem to have been aligned on a particular star. The best illustration for this is a certain temple which was expanded several times over the centuries, and each new phase was at a slightly different angle because the star was rising in a different place than it had been. (Stars move, of course!) So there doesn't seem to be any consideration that a pyramid might just line up with the existing street grid...

Also, it says we "need" an intersecting line, but I honestly didn't read it carefully enough to figure out why. Different structures built in different places at different times by different people for different purposes hardly need to be joined by some modern line...

Why were these cultures suddenly gone? Science has never found a credible explanation for the sudden disappearance of these highly developed cultures.
Science doesn't have to. *History* has perfectly good explanations of how these cultures disappeared, usually *gradually* over a matter of centuries.

Because the pyramids are massively oriented towards the old North pole, the culture must have experienced the destructing pole shift. It would be very difficult to survive such a catastrophe. It is also likely that cultures were warped back into the stone age, and became scavenging nomads.
Wow, that's remarkably ridiculous! Tell me again why a pole shift should be so "difficult to survive"? I mean in these tropical and desert areas that don't seem to have been scraped clean by glaciers at any point. Not to mention that all those populations' descendants are still living in those places. "Warped back to the stone age", golly, that sounds pretty bad, all right, or am I not understanding the technical language? It also seems to imply metallurgy for those really hyper-early disappeared civilizations, but apparently they weren't advanced enough to survive when the weather got a little cooler. Or warmer. I can never remember which...

Sorry, I shouldn't have responded. Stuff like this just puts me in sarcasm mode. I should treat such ideas with the respect they deserve.

Oh, wait...

Matthew

cladking

Ad Honorem
Nov 2011
exile
Science doesn't have to. *History* has perfectly good explanations of how these cultures disappeared, usually *gradually* over a matter of centuries.
Science and modern thought do a very poor job of saying how these cultures came into existence. It is so poor as to allow the existence of a basic misunderstanding and a skewed chronology of human history. While I personally doubt there was any complex knowledge in existence on the face of the earth before 40,000 years ago the possibility does seem to exist within the framework of what is known. If it existed then these alignments could be quite intentional and even if it didn't it's still possible by various means.

Tell me again why a pole shift should be so "difficult to survive"?
One of these hypotheses is that the crust can slip on the core. The bulk of the planet's mass is beneath the top 30 miles and any relative movement would cause the pole to shift wildly. The stresses and forces that might cause such movement would not result in extreme accelerations which would kill most animal life but it would certainly result in monstrous earthquakes and very significant destruction and rearrangement of much of the surface.

Such moves would also leave a magnetic record in the stone forming at expanding plate boudaries and no such record is proven at this time. While the effect is possible there's precious little evidence to suggest it has happened.

Davidius

Ad Honorem
Dec 2010
Pillium
The correlation between the orientation of about 300 (ancient) structures spread around the world and the last four glaciations is so compelling that it in fact proves the true age of ancient structures. Forget about 10,000 years BC, think in terms of 110,000 years, and 240,000 years, and even 340,000 years.

Here is the link: Why the Orientation of Pyramids Correlates to Ice Ages
This is so badly flawed that it is difficult to know where to start...

Just because the average alignment of all the worlds pyramids generates a single point when you divide them into eastern and western groups and then connect those two groups proves precisely nothing.
You can make such correlations using any type of geographical data (skyscrapers, lakes, post offices etc).

You then claim that this point was where the pole once was and that a shift in the pole must have caused an ice age. You offer no geological proof for this (correction: you offer no proof of any kind for this).

I stopped reading when I got to this bit: "The foundations of the temples of Pompeii, which are: the Basilica, the temple of Venus, and the temple of Apollo are between 220,000 and 240,000 years old."
No proof, source, reference or evidence offered, just a statement that is clearly ridiculous.

kazeuma

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
A shift in the poles would not have caused an ice age, if anything, the last pole-shift might have ended the ice age.

However to suggest the Egyptians were smart enough to fix a few corners to the geographic points says something about their skills of builders, but it does not change the age of the pyramids - a fragment of a rusted copper tool found inside one of the lesser pyramids was carbon dated to the reign of the pharaoh that supposedly built it. Therefore it is easy to say that pharaoh had it built.

Okay, say it was built before that pharaoh, who built it and why? If you say aliens, Mu, or Atlantis, I will laugh.

Sep 2014
Texas
I thought the ones in Egy pt were aligned with the belt of Orion AKA Osiris

Theodoric

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
Yötebory Sveriya
If New York City can be constructed by the Egyptian Illuminatti when the Atenists secretly escaped atop Mongol horses with their refugees to North America across the Berring Land Bridge. Then certainly the Roman Temples of Pompei could have been constructed hundreds of thousands of years ago, by aliens.

In all seriousness though, I do think that there's a little more to the Giza Plateau civilization than what we currently know, but the likelihood that the answers lie in a 330,000 old pre-human civilization are incredibly slim. Could the pyramids have been built by a pre- Upper Palaeolithic civilization? Let alone a pre-Neolithic civilization? Or before a Bronze Age civilization?

Last edited:
Status
Closed