Why Wasn't India United Before?

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Muslims slaughtered cows to 'terrorize' Hindus? how about the fact that they simply liked eating beef like majority of other humans on this planet. Hindu nationalists conveniently ignore the fact that some Muslim rulers and nobles of India even prohibited cow-slaughter in their domains Recording the Progress of Indian History
I have read about about Bahadur Shah Jafar banning cow slaughter during 1857 rebellion when Delhi was recaptured from the British but it doesn't deny the fact cow slaughter and force feeding beef was historically an instrument of persecution of Hindus.

Aug 2014
pakistan
I have read about about Bahadur Shah Jafar banning cow slaughter during 1857 rebellion when Delhi was recaptured from the British but it doesn't deny the fact cow slaughter and force feeding beef was historically an instrument of persecution of Hindus.
Force feeding beef to Hindus? never read about it. Can you give examples of such instances from history?

Apr 2018
Mythical land.
Humans are omnivores, your teeth says it all : The Teeth of Herbivores, Carnivores and Omnivores
yeps,i agree.
But humans are also only specie which can evaluate their actions.
our "oughts" should not be derived from nature,it doesn't care for us.

My position currently is very mixed on this issue though but its wrong to say that its outright immoral to eat meat,which humans have been doing since our inception.

Reactions: Azad67
Aug 2014
pakistan
I don't think this would be relevant to most Mughals except Aurangzeb
Did Aurangzeb "force feed" cow-meat to Hindus? i dont think so. Yes Muslims ate beef, hence the Qureshi caste of butchers, but their rulers did not force Hindus to eat cow--meat. Muslim rulers did not generally antagonize Hindu subjects within their own kingdoms. Muslim kings like Sikandar Lodi razed some Hindu temples (in the enemy territory) but even he did not force-fed cow-meat to Hindus. His mother was a Hindu and his actions of razing Hindu temples had more to do with his complex of proving his Musalmani to other Afghans.

Apr 2018
Mythical land.
Did Aurangzeb "force feed" cow-meat to Hindus? i dont think so. Yes Muslims ate beef, hence the Qureshi caste of butchers, but their rulers did not force Hindus to eat cow--meat. Muslim rulers did not generally antagonize Hindu subjects within their own kingdoms. Muslim kings like Sikandar Lodi razed some Hindu temples (in the enemy territory) but even he did not force-fed cow-meat to Hindus. His mother was a Hindu and his actions of razing Hindu temples had more to do with his complex of proving his Musalmani to other Afghans.
it depend on which ruler you are talking about,but generally muslim rulers were bigots,i think i already gave example of firuz shah on how he killed hindus who were praying to idols near the well and wrote about it with great pleasure as well.

In 1499, a Brahmin of Bengal was arrested because he had attracted a large following among both Muslims and Hindus with the following teaching: "the Mohammedan and Hindu religions were both true, and were but different paths by which God might be approached." Sikandar, with his governor of Bihar Azam Humayun, asked Islamic scholars and sharia experts of their time whether such pluralism and peaceful messages were permissible within the Islamic Sultanate.The scholars advised that it is not, and that the Brahmin should be given the option to either embrace and convert to Islam, or be killed. Sikandar accepted the counsel and gave the Brahmin an ultimatum. The Hindu refused to change his view and was killed.
Elsewhere in Uttar Pradesh, a historian of Lodhi dynasty times, described the state sponsored religious violence as follows,
He [Lodi] was so zealous...[as a Musulman] that he utterly destroyed diverse places of [infidel] worship... he entirely ruined the shrines of Mathura, [and] the minefield of heathenism. Their stone images were given to the butchers to use...as meat weights,and all the Hindus in Mathura were strictly prohibited from shaving their heads and beards, and from performing ablutions. He stopped the idolatrous rites of the infidels there. Every city thus conformed as he desired to the customs of Islam.
— Táríkh-i Dáúdí​

Tipu for example force fed beef to brahmins to convert them to islam.

Jul 2017
Sydney
Less said about Aurangzeb, the better. He had this "sawa mann janeu per day" campaign where caste Hindus were deprived of their sacred thread and then fed beef

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
Among the Moghul rulers, Aurangzeb was the most bigoted and cruellest of them all. Just read from any Wiki reference, regarding how he treated his captive, Sambhaji, the son of Shivaji the Great, by first asking him whether he would prefer being converted to Islam or to being killed. On having received a denial, he ordered Sambhaji to be blinded, then his tongue to be ripped out, and then skinned alive. After this torture was duly carried out, Sambhaji was killed.

Aug 2014
pakistan
Tipu for example force fed beef to brahmins to convert them to islam.
Can you give reference from primary sources about Tipu force feeding cow-meat to Brahmans?. Its the first time i am hearing about it.