Why Wasn't India United Before?

Jul 2017
Sydney
Who do you think are the Bhoota gaNas of Shiva? Enough of your Wikipedia onslaught.

Why and how Sati and Parvati came in? The same way as Aditi, ILA, BhArati, Saraswati came in, the same way Lakshmi came in. Aditi is Sati, she is Parvati.

Well you may have forgotten MarutAs, Hindus haven't.
Even though Sati and Parvati aren't there in RV, Aditi is and mother goddess is a universal idea; why would it be not known to Aryas even if they chose not to dwell too much on it in RV

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Why and how Sati and Parvati came in? The same way as Aditi, ILA, BhArati, Saraswati came in, the same way Lakshmi came in. Aditi is Sati, she is Parvati.

Well you may have forgotten MarutAs, Hindus haven't.
Lakshmi finds no mention in RigVeda. Aditi is Sati? Don't create your own mythology. That Sati was the daughter of Daksha is a later creation. I do not think RigVeda mentions Aditi as being the daughter of Prajapati. Well, during the Yajnas we may remember Maruts. Tht is assimilation. They are not worshiped as Gods by most Hindus. I do not know which type of Hindus you are talking about.
Aditi is all over Rig Veda.
Sure, Aditi is all over RigVeda and Puranas but Sati is not in RigVeda.
No universal mother in Rig Veda? You should toss out both Griffith and Tilak, for you will be in for a monumental shock. Aditi is revered as the universal mother.
Aditi is not the universal mother. She is the mother of Adityas and not of humans. In the attempt to prove your point you are turning Hindu mythology upside down.

Aatreya

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
USA
Lakshmi finds no mention in RigVeda. Aditi is Sati? Don't create your own mythology. That Sati was the daughter of Daksha is a later creation. I do not think RigVeda mentions Aditi as being the daughter of Prajapati. Well, during the Yajnas we may remember Maruts. Tht is assimilation. They are not worshiped as Gods by most Hindus. I do not know which type of Hindus you are talking about.Sure, Aditi is all over RigVeda and Puranas but Sati is not in RigVeda.Aditi is not the universal mother. She is the mother of Adityas and not of humans. In the attempt to prove your point you are turning Hindu mythology upside down.
It is not enough to read translations. You need to think.

PrajApati and Aditi are closely related. These are symbols of the origin of universe. In some places, PrajApati gives rise to Aditi, and in some others vice versa. The reason there is a story of Daksha PrajApati and his daughter Sati is not without reason, and that has nothing to do with your fascination for Aryans and indigenous merging.

The reason PrajApati desiring his own daughter has nothing to do with astronomy either. What it is depicting is that PrajApati, the abstract is combining with the Shakti, the creative force. Since nothing can be conceived without the abstract, he is made the father of Aditi/Sati.

Jul 2017
Sydney
I would not deny that, but this idea does not belong to RigVeda.
Okay! Say the idea didn't belong to RV and Maruti is an indigenous God.

Then, that means indigenous culture also worshipped the Marutas as Maruti's father is a Marut (Wind God)

So, in this scenario it is somehow coming through that the indigenous people were Arya even if as per your view the Arya were not indigenous

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
Aryan: Maruts are Gods of winds.
Indigenous: We have a God who can fly through air.
Aryan: There must be some relation between the two. Your God may be the son of our God.
Indiogenous: Nice, let us make our God the son of your God so that there is no conflict.
Aryan: That is a nice idea. Then your God will become my God too. Let us call him Maruti.

Jun 2017
usa
Aryan: Maruts are Gods of winds.
Indigenous: We have a God who can fly through air.
Aryan: There must be some relation between the two. Your God may be the son of our God.
Indiogenous: Nice, let us make our God the son of your God so that there is no conflict.
Aryan: That is a nice idea. Then your God will become my God too. Let us call him Maruti.
I like your sense of humor.
Is there a record of such a conversation?