Why weren't the 9/11 hijackers native Afghans?

Sindane

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Europe
Why are they not relevant, because their white and European?

You just described the Irish in he 70's and 80's to a tee that's why I mentioned them, there is no difference except the culture and colour of their skin.

So did you feel that way about Irish people as well?

The big difference with the Irish who migrated to Britain is that they became 'British' very quickly. They lived in the same neighbourhoods as and intermarried with British people.
Some of the most proudly English/British people I know have Irish ancestry.

May 2015
Germany
I agree, but I don't think very many people fear Islam per se.

Of course, there are always some, and I am far from claiming that the popular press has been helpful. How many people in the west today are aware that violent jihad has been condemned by just about every member of the main-stream Muslim hierarchy? e.g
70,000 clerics issue fatwa against terrorism, 15 lakh Muslims support it - Times of India ►
How many people are aware that shortly after 9/11, Osama bin Laden enjoyed the support of hundreds of millions of Muslims?

The big difference with the Irish who migrated to Britain is that they became 'British' very quickly. They lived in the same neighbourhoods as and intermarried with British people.
Some of the most proudly English/British people I know have Irish ancestry.
All the while setting bombs across Northern Ireland and England, is that very British?

Basically this is an example of racism showing through, Irish terrorists or people are tolerated differently because their White, simple as that.

My issue with this sort of statement the poster I was replying to made was that "all muslims" are suspects, even using that term is derogatory, Arabic muslims are different to Pakistani muslims, Pakistan different to Morocco, they are different to Turkish.

What I've actually seen isn't the a phobia of Islam its a phobia of certain cultures.

I'll give you an example, in England in the 70's Far Right skin heads and National Front never mentioned Islam, it was all about what they called P*ki's, that's all they used to go on about.
What I noticed that after the 90's as political correct language started being enforced and Far Right didn't want to be outed as racist for fear of ridicule, loss of jobs etc they started changing their language to being against Islam.

But its strange isn't it, they don't target Turks, Iranians or the like, they still, to this day, only target Pakistani areas.

They figured they could use Islam as a way of attacking Pakistani's without being marked as racist, they are targeting the Pakistani's and their culture, they don't seem bothered by Turk or Persians.

Aug 2014
United States of America
They weren't Afghan because most of them were from Saudi Arabia.
In all seriousness, you have a glaring error in your original post. Al Qaeda is not an Afghan organization. It was formed by the Saudi UBL and an Egyptian doctor, Ayman al-Zawahiri in the late 80s to carry out terrorist operations in support of ultra-conservative Islamic political goals. One of their first major operations was participation in the then-waning Soviet war in Afghanistan.

The story is more complex from there, but eventually the Taliban, a native Pashtun/southwestern Afghan political movement ended up harboring UBL and Al Qaeda after their exile from Sudan in the late 90s. But Al Qaeda remained, and remains, an organization primarily of Arabs, not Afghans.

May 2015
The Netherlands
Al-Qaeda actually was born in Afghanistan in 1989 right after the Soviet withdrawal. It was composed of Arab/foreign mujahideen who fought against the Soviets. Goal of its founder, the leader of the Arab/foreign mujahideen - Shaykh Abdullah Yusuf Azzam, was to repel zionists from Palestine which was the only remaining (after freeing Afghanistan) legitimate jihad according to him. This objective was disputed by his assistant (& accountant & US liaison) OBL, who wanted to fight the west. Shaykh Azzam was assassinated within a few days of its founding in 1989 and OBL took over. His assassination was widely credited to either CIA or Mossad.
Actually, Azzam and Bin Laden were based in Peshawar, Pakistan. If anything, Al Qaeda was born in Pakistan, not Afghanistan. That still doesn't make it an Afghan or Pakistani organisation though. It was founded as a pan-Islamic group of predominantly Arabs.

It's more likely Azzam was assassinated by al-Zawahiri than CIA or Mossad.

Feb 2016
Japan
All the while setting bombs across Northern Ireland and England, is that very British?

Basically this is an example of racism showing through, Irish terrorists or people are tolerated differently because their White, simple as that.

My issue with this sort of statement the poster I was replying to made was that "all muslims" are suspects, even using that term is derogatory, Arabic muslims are different to Pakistani muslims, Pakistan different to Morocco, they are different to Turkish.

What I've actually seen isn't the a phobia of Islam its a phobia of certain cultures.

I'll give you an example, in England in the 70's Far Right skin heads and National Front never mentioned Islam, it was all about what they called P*ki's, that's all they used to go on about.
What I noticed that after the 90's as political correct language started being enforced and Far Right didn't want to be outed as racist for fear of ridicule, loss of jobs etc they started changing their language to being against Islam.

But its strange isn't it, they don't target Turks, Iranians or the like, they still, to this day, only target Pakistani areas.

They figured they could use Islam as a way of attacking Pakistani's without being marked as racist, they are targeting the Pakistani's and their culture, they don't seem bothered by Turk or Persians.
Well. Turks and Iranians are not really large populations in the UK. Yes there is a sprinkling of Turks in most cities. And London is London. Iranians are usually even fewer.
The Turks and Iranians who did were usually secular. Pakistanis were usually more of them, dressed funny, religious and didn’t merge with the population.
Also bonehead skinheads in the 70s-80s didn’t differentiate between any “Asian” group.
Bangladeshis, Indians, Turks and Iranians were all called “paki” as an insult.
So I’m not sure if that’s a constant argument.

Like wise the same skinheads frequently turned on the migrant Irish and Anglo -Irish citizens routinely after any major terror incident. In Birmingham after the pub bombings the IRA called the city off limits due to the violent backlash against Irish people.

Well. Turks and Iranians are not really large populations in the UK. Yes there is a sprinkling of Turks in most cities. And London is London. Iranians are usually even fewer.
The Turks and Iranians who did were usually secular. Pakistanis were usually more of them, dressed funny, religious and didn’t merge with the population.
Also bonehead skinheads in the 70s-80s didn’t differentiate between any “Asian” group.
Bangladeshis, Indians, Turks and Iranians were all called “paki” as an insult.
So I’m not sure if that’s a constant argument.

Like wise the same skinheads frequently turned on the migrant Irish and Anglo -Irish citizens routinely after any major terror incident. In Birmingham after the pub bombings the IRA called the city off limits due to the violent backlash against Irish people.
But that's my point, the massively sweeping use of "the muslims" is a grotesque lie, the truth is its the Pakistani's who cling to their old school customs and dress that they hate.

Turks, Iranians and Arabs (non Saudi) mix and integrate freely because they don't live like its the 17th century, I get it, which is why I'm saying its cultural not religious, attacking Islam is a front for the Far Right to attack them without using race as an excuse.

Pakistani's are a lot like Jews in a way, their views on keeping to themselves and their strict adherence to practising religion like they did hundreds of years ago is what alienates them and makes them targets.

For example, there are parts of China which are muslim ......... you don't ever see Tommy Robinson rocking up on Chinese people, they target specific people every time and 9/10 its Pakistani communities, never Turkish, never Kurdish, never Iranian or Albanian.