Why would white Germans start Cultural Marxism?

Status
Closed

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Well if you go there today, you'll find Turks and Arabs.

The point was, why would white people want to destroy European domination of the globe?
What makes the presence of Arabs and Turks undermining "white people" domination of the World?
Besides, aren't Turkish and some (debatable) Arabs also "white people"?

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Just as "Marxism" seeks to abolish social classes, "cultural Marxism" seeks to abolish individual cultures.

This is obviously at the expense of the culture who is at the top, which was the Europeans.

It is responsible for all the "politically correct" speech and actions we must make sure to abide by in today's world.
You really need to provide me sources that clearly attests that "cultural Marxism" is an attempt to destroy individual culture.

And how politically correct speech is a creation of the cultural marxists?

Aug 2017
Florida
You mean the 12.6% black americans and 5% asians in the USA are a result of the Germans letting in some migrants?

I thought americans importing and trading slaves was a couple of years earlier?
The question was...

Why would white German people during the interwar period want to start a philosophy that would undermine their own culture?

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
You're not even attempting to answer the question of why white Germans would want to start a philosophy that would undermine their own culture.
First you need to convince me that "Germans created a philosophy that would undermine their own culture" in the first place...

Jun 2017
Connecticut
Do you believe that it exists? They came to the USA before WWII.

According to the theory, they wanted to destroy institutions of Western culture like the family unit, Christianity, and basically do whatever they could to take power away from European people.

You can't argue with the fact that the world was owned by Europe (plus Japan) at that time.

It makes sense that someone would have wanted to end European domination. It just doesn't make sense that European people would be the ones to do it.
I can't argue with the fact countries in "Europe", the US and Japan did basically own the world. Doesn't mean they all have a shared cultural identity. Heck in the 19th century even being an "Italian" or a "German" was seen the way I'm seeing "European" now which is a far more encompassing term.

Your theory is super political and is assuming that these institutions of western culture are seen as positives by descendants of various European groups. What if "Europeans" don't like these institutions(as a leftist I don't think almost anyone is really against the family unit per say, I think most would translate what you mean as to being either pro LGBT or pro divorce or anti tradition)? I'm only half "European"(Bavarian) but just because people happen to be of a similar cultural background as you(and I mean actual cultural backgrounds not European) and they don't want the world to run the same way you do, doesn't mean they are making a conspiracy. That's just nonsense.

In terms of Europe's domination slipping, that's pretty simple(not saying this is the only reason trying to say this tends to happen in most dominant states). Europe went through development and industrialization the earliest and as standard of living improved a combination of post materialist values and lower birth rates/populations took a toll on it's ability to project power. The US and Japan went through this process a bit later and are also declining. European populations were booming in the 1700 and 1800s and in the 1800s and 1900s, American, Russian and Japanese populations were booming before naturally these societies entered their post industrialization phase. Now it's non Japanese Asia's turn it appears. Of course the population's this boom creates in China and India will be much higher because they had more people to start with by merit of industrializing later, same reason why places like USA, Japan and Russia outnumber the early industrializing states in "Europe" same reason why China and India will always outnumber them.

Jun 2017
Skandinavia
But does Russia and Turkey share the same "Western civilisation"? - those two countries can very well lie in the European continent as well.

I don't know. It is a very loose and unclear definition anyhow.

Well yeah, Japan was on the other side of the world and I wouldn't be surprised if most people in France and the UK didn't know Japan existed for most of their history's meanwhile the French and British were rivals with a pretty intertwined history that goes back all the way to 1066. I'm just saying there was no shared European "culture" and "identity" and that Europeans 100-200 or 300 years ago would be stunned to see the European Union as a reality because "European" was never an identity.

Well I think Europeans 200-300 years ago would have been stunned to see any of the events of the 20th century. I'm not saying that there is an extremely strong sense of shared culture within Europe, but I think that it is there. Just like when (I've heard) many people were "Californians" or "Texans" before they were American (citizens of USA), most people are German or French before they are European. But most Europeans certainly still identify as European as well, and to a degree acknowledge a common heritage and history. Although excactly how important and extensive this common culture is can be discussed.

Nemowork

Ad Honorem
Jan 2011
South of the barcodes
The question was...

Why would white German people during the interwar period want to start a philosophy that would undermine their own culture?
Any particular Germans you could name because theres a bit of a philsophical shift between Hitler, Fritz Lang , Rosa Luxemburg and Marlene Dietrich, only three of them still have fans in America for a start and Marlenes fanclub is a bit thin on the ground as well these days.

On the plus side Fritz Langs fan club allows you to sit down for a couple of hours and you dont have to buy a tiki torch :D

Status
Closed