Wikipedia article on Chinese Cannibalism

Sep 2018
Germany
This wikipedia article Cannibalism in China - Wikipedia states that China was unique as a civilization for having a relativly positive attitude towards cannibalism. For example "In ancient times, cannibalism was often practiced in China as a type of culinary appreciation "
or "the Chinese are not especially different from other cultures when it comes to the practice of "survival cannibalism", they are utterly unique in their use of so-called "learned cannibalism""
I wanted to ask the China experts here how accurate the wiki article is?

The text is referenced to a book by Key Ray Chong, Emeritus Professor of History in Tokyo, a highly qualified scientist. Hence, I don't see any reason why the content needs to be questioned. Cannibalism might have been an integral part of Chinese food customs after all.

Sep 2015
Sri Lanka
The text is referenced to a book by Key Ray Chong, Emeritus Professor of History in Tokyo, a highly qualified scientist. Hence, I don't see any reason why the content needs to be questioned. Cannibalism might have been an integral part of Chinese food customs after all.
Yes ! Key-Ray Chong is an Emeritus Professor of History, Texas Tech University --US and Lately as a Visiting Professor, he has taught Chinese history at various Universities including Yonsei University in Seoul, Korea, and Soka University in Tokyo, Japan!.
His book "The True History of Korea" along with Chin-woo Kim, is the most out -standing contribution of Korean history with unpalatable historical truths written perfectly with objectivity and impartiality in the opinions of many Academic Historians !!

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions