Will it really be bad for the world if the US collapsed?

Chlodio

Forum Staff
Aug 2016
Dispargum
Maybe we can make it North American History if we reorient the thread to "What has the US done for the world that would be missed if the US collapsed?" Some people would still want to call that speculative history, but let's focus on 'What has the US done for the world?'

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
This doesn't belong in the North American History sub-forum. This is not history.
Agreed.

Oh, sorry.

How do I transfer it?
Request to move it to future events. Or the speculative sub-forum.

EDTI:

Maybe we can make it North American History if we reorient the thread to "What has the US done for the world that would be missed if the US collapsed?" Some people would still want to call that speculative history, but let's focus on 'What has the US done for the world?'
That is pedagogic. A change on the thread tittle would help.

Aug 2016
US&A
Even for us, the collapse of the Soviet Union brought almost as many problems as it solved. Power-vacuums always cause a great deal of strife. I suppose it would depend on who replaces us.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Even for us, the collapse of the Soviet Union brought almost as many problems as it solved. Power-vacuums always cause a great deal of strife. I suppose it would depend on who replaces us.
That is true. The world before 1991 was much more clear than the world after that date. Maybe the people that live in the Warsaw Pact countries are better now (or aren’t!), but surely for the West in general winning the Cold War brought some problems that the West wasn’t ready do deal: The emergence of a strong Muslim radicalism, huge world migrations, failed states, the resurgence of the right wing movements, North Korea without a leash, nuclear proliferation, etc… etc… etc…

Chlodio

Forum Staff
Aug 2016
Dispargum
Since the OP agreed with moving the thread to Speculative but did not respond to the idea of changing the title, it's been moved to Speculative.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Why do you group this with other "problems" that you list?
Because “wings” in political terms are equal to “extremisms”, and in my opinion are a problem. If you don’t think so, so let us say that we disagree on this.

Not everybody is left-wing like you presumably are.
Ouch!!!!!!!!!!! Quite a presumption there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People are allowed to vote how they want. That's what living in a democracy entails.
At least we agree on this!

Similar History Discussions