Will it really be bad for the world if the US collapsed?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
There is NO scenario where Russia or China would nuke Israel (first strike). That is just silly, stop it.
That was my point here. I completely agree with you.

1. You keep insisting (wrongly) that Russia is a superpower.
2. You're assuming that Israel won't have a super power backing them up in this scenario. That might not be the case.
3. You're also ignoring the fact that Israel doesn't need a superpower in its corner to offer nuclear deterrence, THEY HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS OF THEIR OWN.
Yeah, I mean, why exactly should Russia (or China) risk getting nuked by Israel for a bunch of Arabs?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Yeah. I mean, Russia is already dealing with a lot of sanctions as it is over Ukraine and outright nuking Israel--in addition to possibly getting nuked itself--would mean that Russia would get absolutely crippled as a result of additional sanctions.

Plus, as I said before, Israel probably has a lot of Russian citizens living there. The current Russian regime is not so brutal, bloody, and stupid to mass murder tens or hundreds of thousands of its own citizens--even if they live in another country!

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
Yeah. I mean, Russia is already dealing with a lot of sanctions as it is over Ukraine and outright nuking Israel--in addition to possibly getting nuked itself--would mean that Russia would get absolutely crippled as a result of additional sanctions.
Well, apparently, this would all be worth it to maintain good relations with Arabs in the ME.

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
1. You keep insisting (wrongly) that Russia is a superpower.
It doesn’t need to be a superpower to be able to nuke Israel.

2. You're assuming that Israel won't have a super power backing them up in this scenario. That might not be the case.
Lol with the exception of the US no nation of much importance would risk its neck for Israel. The far greater geopolitical and economic importance if Arab states and Iran would almost certainly ensure than Europe, India, China etc would either side with the Arabs or stay out of a fight.

3. You're also ignoring the fact that Israel doesn't need a superpower in its corner to offer nuclear deterrence, THEY HAVE NUCLEAR WEAPONS OF THEIR OWN.
But they’re not a panacea. If the US goes, that’s the end of big handouts to Israel without which it can’t afford much of its current defense establishment. Also the small size of Israel compared to Russia and other states makes it particularly vulnerable to nuking. I’m not saying Russia would launch an unprovoked nuke attack just effectively deter Israel.

Oct 2012
It doesn’t need to be a superpower to be able to nuke Israel.

Lol with the exception of the US no nation of much importance would risk its neck for Israel. The far greater geopolitical and economic importance if Arab states and Iran would almost certainly ensure than Europe, India, China etc would either side with the Arabs or stay out of a fight.

But they’re not a panacea. If the US goes, that’s the end of big handouts to Israel without which it can’t afford much of its current defense establishment. Also the small size of Israel compared to Russia and other states makes it particularly vulnerable to nuking. I’m not saying Russia would launch an unprovoked nuke attack just effectively deter Israel.
So the Russian thinking would be: "Lets nuke Israel and save our Arab allies. They have nuclear weapons also, but at max. they can destroy one or two of our big cities if any. We are a big country,we can take it, it is worth the risk"
I would give the Russians a bit more credit than that.

Similar History Discussions