Will it really be bad for the world if the US collapsed?

Angelica

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Angel City
The US military might and powerful dollar along with a strong democratic governance Is a perfect balance for other to aspire. Countries may have one or two of the aforementioned points never all of them. While she is not perfect her relationship with many nations is impressive. These simple factors attributes to her powerful standard among a league of nations.

Reactions: Futurist

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
The US gives Israel about $3.8 billion per year. That's nothing to shake a stick at, but if they lost that money it wouldn't be the end of the world.
I didn’t say it would be....just reduce their capabilities.

And their military spending likely wouldn't suffer, it would we Israeli social programs and services that would take the hit.
Lol in a democracy slashing social programs is a great way to lose elections...

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
Why? The Soviets backed. Arab forces at least 3 times in the past and had their derrieres handed to them each time. Tell me again what the definition of insanity is again ?
It says something about the greater importance of Arab states that the USSR was willing to back them repeatedly, despite their tactical issues.

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
So the Russian thinking would be: "Lets nuke Israel and save our Arab allies. They have nuclear weapons also, but at max. they can destroy one or two of our big cities if any. We are a big country,we can take it, it is worth the risk"
I would give the Russians a bit more credit than that.
Lol the most likely scenario would be deterrence not a nuclear exchange.