Will overpopulation in Israel result in much greater settlement in the West Bank?

Aug 2014
New York, USA
Yes, I basically agree, Israel's policy is to permanently deny the rights of the Palestinians and take over their land.
In my opinion, they will grant West Bank Palestinians citizenship rights and completely annex it when they can be sure that the total Arab population would not exceed ~25-30% of the Israeli population within the new borders. I think right now Arab Israeli citizens comprise ~20% of Israeli population, and they can manage that. I think this is a bad idea.

Dec 2011
That could be a long time. Within Israel there are, as far as I can tell, 7 million Jews and nearly 2 million Arabs. In the West Bank there are 3 million Arabs and about 300,000 Jewish settlers, so right now, over the whole area (Israel and West Bank), there are 5 million Arabs and about 7.3 million Jews.

Aug 2014
New York, USA
That could be a long time. Within Israel there are, as far as I can tell, 7 million Jews and nearly 2 million Arabs. In the West Bank there are 3 million Arabs and about 300,000 Jewish settlers, so right now, over the whole area (Israel and West Bank), there are 5 million Arabs and about 7.3 million Jews.
Yes, but they are thinking in the long term. We are talking ~40 years probably. After looking it up, the actual numbers for West Bank are 2.8 million Arabs and 400,000 Jews + another 200,000 Jews in East Jerusalem.

Mar 2014
Lithuania
Let's not forget funny side of this whole tragedy. Majority of Palestinians are not Arabs, they most likely are Muslim Jews, probably with admixture of other inhabitants of the region. Genetically Palestinians most likely are truer Jews, than newcomers from Europe.

Similar History Discussions