Women Only Train Cars

Status
Closed
Nov 2018
Denmark
Of course, children's rights not to be abused come before someone's feelings.
As a rule the abuse committed by strangers are committed by men, where women commit them to children in their care, it can be both girls and boys and not “only “teenagers, most often the children are under 10 years.
The problem when women commit abuse is that you do not usually associate sexual aggression with women, and therefore it is not taken seriously.
A 21 year old man with a 15 year old girl, I think most parents would be against it.

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Like others itt I am adamant for equality among man, equality among men and women. Have you been to Las Vegas, Los Angeles, NYC? I have. We have some of the busiest trains in the USA, so its no excuse at all to separate sexes on trains, that serves as a opponent of freedom and dignity.
Yeah but that is THERE so why even ask me that question ?

Have you ever traveled where these laws have been enacted ? Maybe do that first before you impose your narrow views on other people and women who are suffering in other parts of the world .

And compare it to the silk cushion you live on .

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
I would conjecture that the kind of sexual abuse carried out by women is rather different to that done by men. Most (but of course, not all) of it involves older women having "consensual" (although a child cannot give consent) with teenage boys, who are children under the law. In this context, a 21 year old teacher sleeping with a 15 year old student is child abuse.

But most opportunistic molestation, I suspect, is carried out by men.

Yes, it's insulting to say to someone "we're not going to let a child sit next to you in case you are a pervert", but perhaps it's better to hurt someone's feelings than find out later he actually IS a pervert.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-flight/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a67985e68cfe
Exactly , and if we can effect and lower the amount of abuse, asault and murder of women * then I will certainly not mind if even I suffer some segregation.

I do so already, voluntarily, if it makes women feel more at ease . For example, when I would catch train late at night, if woman / women where in carriage alone I would sit elsewhere. If other men / man went into that carriage, then I would go in at sit near them, giving the woman a friendly smile respectful nod .

* Its even in a problem in Australia and there are all sorts of programs in place to reduce these assaults and killings.

Dec 2015
USA
Yeah but that is THERE so why even ask me that question ?

Have you ever traveled where these laws have been enacted ? Maybe do that first before you impose your narrow views on other people and women who are suffering in other parts of the world .

And compare it to the silk cushion you live on .
No need to talk down to me here. I dont live on a silk cushion, I dont have any problem with you dont talk to me in such a manner please ^. And NYC has totally jam packed trains just as Japan does so I dont see any excuse for such a intolerant law that Japan, Israel and Saudi have by separating sexes on trains. And I believe the masses of people in any country with segregated train cars are against such a policy. I have been a super busy train cars and everything was fine. The Japanese, Israeli and Saudi governments are narrow minded. Where as masses of people worldwide whom are civil, kind and tolerant have no issue whatsoever with train cars that allow both men and women. Its against the norm and very ugly to separate sexes on train cars. Thats terrible Gov leadership from any country that separates sexes on train cars they have no right to do that. Women suffer all over the world and the segregated train cars make things worse by acting as a divider and making folks feel uncomfortable.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
No need to talk down to me here. I dont live on a silk cushion, I dont have any problem with you dont talk to me in such a manner please ^. And NYC has totally jam packed trains just as Japan does so I dont see any excuse for such a intolerant law that Japan, Israel and Saudi have by separating sexes on trains. And I believe the masses of people in any country with segregated train cars are against such a policy. I have been a super busy train cars and everything was fine. The Japanese, Israeli and Saudi governments are narrow minded. Where as masses of people worldwide whom are civil, kind and tolerant have no issue whatsoever with train cars that allow both men and women. Its against the norm and very ugly to separate sexes on train cars. Thats terrible Gov leadership from any country that separates sexes on train cars they have no right to do that. Women suffer all over the world and the segregated train cars make things worse by acting as a divider and making folks feel uncomfortable.
You know nothing whatsoever about Japan and the problems its society has, that they feel the need for segregated train cars.

Tokyo is NOT NYC, neither is it Riyadh or Tel Aviv. Don't take your limited experience and project it onto a place and culture you know nothing about.

Dec 2015
USA
Yeah ... well ... they ARE

by putting on segregated carriages !

( Oy vey ! )
Oy vey? Why did you say that friend. Woe upon you? Masses of Israeli Jewish liberal women agree with me, not you. And it feels so good to take a stand for the right thing, that is to take a stand against seperating sexes on train cars. Please friend dont get upset with me, I suppose we have a disagreement that all.

Do you hear yourself,

by putting on segregated carriages !

segregated

segregated

segregated

Thats wrong. Think about the history of that word segregation. Look we can segregate bathrooms, locker rooms but not trains. No wonder so many people come to countries like the USA, its to get away from terrible gov leadership in countries such as Israel or Saudi Arabia.

Dec 2015
USA
You know nothing whatsoever about Japan and the problems its society has, that they feel the need for segregated train cars.

Tokyo is NOT NYC, neither is it Riyadh or Tel Aviv. Don't take your limited experience and project it onto a place and culture you know nothing about.

Dont talk down to me. I have every right to provide how I feel without getting treated like crap. Maybe I could say you know nothing about the world. I disagree with your approach and like others itt I am adamantly against segregating sexes on train cars. And there are other people in Japan who disagree with you.

The Japanese, Israeli, and Saudi Gov authorities are terrible leaders. Im not changing my view until these countries stop separating train cars by sexes.

Status
Closed