Woodrow Wilson embraces the Russian call for "no annexations or indemnities" in early 1917

Kotromanic

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Iowa USA
What survey? Where can I find it? In which one of his books?

Also, it's quite interesting that in spite of all of these mutinies, the front in the south managed to remain stable until Bulgaria's collapse in September 1918.
Bulgarian army had better morale than A-H by and large for the whole war. It took quite a bit to ultimately knock out Bulgaria during September. Note also better terrain defense than the Austrians facing Italian army.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Bulgarian army had better morale than A-H by and large for the whole war. It took quite a bit to ultimately knock out Bulgaria during September. Note also better terrain defense than the Austrians facing Italian army.
Austria largely lucked out in its fight against Italy, no? I mean, it was able to block 11 Italian attempts to conquer the Isonzo Valley, no?

Reactions: Kotromanic

Kotromanic

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Iowa USA
Austria largely lucked out in its fight against Italy, no? I mean, it was able to block 11 Italian attempts to conquer the Isonzo Valley, no?
Generally speaking military historians are unforgiving in assessments of the Entente ground commanders (a few notable exceptions to the rule). Certainly Cadorna, the Italian commander for at least eight of the Isonzo pushes, gets his negative assessments deservedly.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Generally speaking military historians are unforgiving in assessments of the Entente ground commanders (a few notable exceptions to the rule). Certainly Cadorna, the Italian commander for at least eight of the Isonzo pushes, gets his negative assessments deservedly.
Makes one wonder what would've happened had Armando Diaz replaced Luigi Cadorna much sooner.