Words that were/are considered offensive but which were reclaimed by people into something more positive

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Which words are there that were or are considered offensive but which were reclaimed by the people against whom these words were used against and turned into something more positive?

So far, I could think of the N-word (which Blacks nowadays use as a term of endearment but hate it when non-Blacks use this term), queer (which LGBT people began using in a more positive light a decade or two ago), and yid (which Jews recently began using in a more positive light). However, what other such words are there?

Feb 2019
Serbia
Which words are there that were or are considered offensive but which were reclaimed by the people against whom these words were used against and turned into something more positive?

So far, I could think of the N-word (which Blacks nowadays use as a term of endearment but hate it when non-Blacks use this term), queer (which LGBT people began using in a more positive light a decade or two ago), and yid (which Jews recently began using in a more positive light). However, what other such words are there?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Yankee an insult to the American colonists before the Revolutionary War? If yes, then it should count.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Yankee an insult to the American colonists before the Revolutionary War? If yes, then it should count.
It might have been; I'm not sure.

Southerners might have continued to view and use the term Yankee in a negative light up to the 20th or even 21st centuries.

Mar 2019
Kansas

Teddy bear started as a political insult.

In Australia calling someone a convict was an insult for the longest time. With major immigration waves in the 70s many immigrants began using it as an insult. In the end we just owned it and dont mind being called that at all. Oddly enough once the power of the word diminished many first and second generation immigrants began calling us skips or skippys.....which naturally we had to take offense to..........just because lol

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Teddy bear started as a political insult.

In Australia calling someone a convict was an insult for the longest time. With major immigration waves in the 70s many immigrants began using it as an insult. In the end we just owned it and dont mind being called that at all. Old enough once the power of the word diminished many first and second generation immigrants began calling us skips or skippies.....which naturally we had to take offense to..........just because lol
You're Australian?

Also, IMHO, Convict is best spelled Kovinkt. That's how the rappers spell it--I think! ;)