World's Oldest Helmet

Mar 2019
KL
it maybe a helmet, it maybe not, or a copper cooking vessel, since there is a flat surface with a circular rim on top of it. indicating it can be a pot to keep it standing on the surface.

problem with people like sanjeev sanyal is, they are ideology driven, its better if academic people like visant shinde release any such information

helmet is still indicated in a IVC terracotta tablet from shortugai

1557053861396.png

regards

Reactions: HardtackJuniper

Todd Feinman

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
I really want a reproduction of the helmet and sword found; both are very cool!

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
It is a very cool find but (assuming it is actually a helmet) it is nowhere near the oldest. There was a golden helmet and four bronze helmets found at the Cemetary of Ur dating to the 26th century B.C.

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
Last edited:

Todd Feinman

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
it maybe a helmet, it maybe not, or a copper cooking vessel, since there is a flat surface with a circular rim on top of it. indicating it can be a pot to keep it standing on the surface.

problem with people like sanjeev sanyal is, they are ideology driven, its better if academic people like visant shinde release any such information

helmet is still indicated in a IVC terracotta tablet from shortugai

View attachment 18849

regards
The pictures of the helmet I've seen make me think it could be a vessel or bowl; there is a raised ring visible at the "top", but it could also be the bottom of the bowl.

Dan Howard

Ad Honorem
Aug 2014
Australia
Looks like a bowl to me but I was giving the people on site the benefit of the doubt. For now I'll stick to disputing the foolish "world's oldest" claim.