Would Eastern Europe have received a lot of non-White immigration over the last 75 years if it wasn't for Communism?

Nov 2012
Seattle
Precisely. Demonizing an entire ideology simply due to the excesses of a single ruler is what led to the myriad problems the contemporary West is facing today. Multiculturalism (for the record a multicultural world is a good thing, a multicultural nation is what brought us Yugoslavia's many genocides in the 1990s), unchecked mass immigration, secularism, feminism, the reversal of traditional gender roles, the degradation of traditional morality, globalization, the degeneracy of popular culture etc...

The only sane, and practical solution for Western nations following the conclusion of the Second World War would have been to condemn Hitler and Nazism, while still maintaining a strong nationalist political ideology. Nationalism divorced from Nazism is not only possible, but practical as is well attested for centuries before the 1930s.

Adolf Hitler was certainly a monster, and no rational human being would argue otherwise. But Angela Merkel and her globalist, immigration loving ilk are not the remedy. Germans should not allow a single bad episode in their nation's history to quench their national pride.
The majority of this world is not white, and with globalization, we’ll stop being white. It is OK.

We all were darker even 8000 years ago, and the first blue eye mutation appeared at that time. Mankind changed it looks many times during the evolution.

It is another thing that before you invite people in, you have to calculate if you will be able to provide them with jobs, and estimate how soon they might acculturate. You don’t invite people “to live” if there are no jobs for them. Germany is bound to have a huge problem with their migrants, sooner or later.

Aug 2014
Australia
Czechs are secular and nationalistic, though. As for feminism, there appears to be a lot of it in Israel but Israeli Jews are still having a lot of children.
The highest fertility rates are among the ultra-orthodox communities that suppress feminism and have low education levels. The highest is in Modiin Illit with 7.59. The lowest is in Kiryat Tivon with 1.91. The fertility rates in secular Israeli communities are not much higher than in other OECD countries.

Apr 2017
Cologne
(...)

Adolf Hitler was certainly a monster, and no rational human being would argue otherwise. But Angela Merkel and her globalist, immigration loving ilk are not the remedy. Germans should not allow a single bad episode in their nation's history to quench their national pride.
You are absolutely right. As I suggested to celebrate the Magdeburg Wedding memorial day with Luther figures hanging from the streets so that children can hit them with sticks till they drop candy, they told me we can not do this.

There is just no pride in our history in that country.

Waterloo they do till today... Waterloo... That is so sad. But we do re-enact all the time with them... we just do not show up. *smile

Oct 2016
Merryland
Did I hear someone say "Hitler was not a nationalist" with a straight face?
Hitler's motivation was not nationalism so much as racism.
removing the Jews did not help Germany. it was intended to 'help' the Aryan race.
at any rate it is perfectly possible to promote one's nation without extremism.
globalism is fine if you get to write the rules for the eventual unistate.

May 2014
SoCal
Actually, Russia and Eastern Europe are not as urbanized as the West. The definition of urbanized vs rural may be split, but it is nowhere as developed. I quick look at Google Maps you can find the road systems nowhere as dense and the cities being mainly centered in the Western sectors around Moscow.
How exactly is this meaningfully different from, say, Hungary--where Budapest is the center of everything?

You see why they wouldn't be accepting of immigrants? Even today Russians don't really look up to Steve Jobs type people, because it is cultural. It isn't Communism that makes people hate intellectuals.
View attachment 17806
Your map is for 1950.

Gabbon is nowhere near a top GDP per captia nation, so the idea that natural resources makes you rich is simply untrue. Culture and geography and institutions, you are ignoring. Most Qataris live a middle class lifestyle by the way.
Doesn't Qatar have a lot of guest workers who don't live that well, though?

Also, what is superior about Qatar's culture relative to Gabon's?

Russia is diverse. The problem isn't demgraphics per se, it is that the population is spread out and are not really assimlated into a similar Russian identity. Deep in past the steppe, is a very diverse Russa, while most Russians live the Western sector. So Russia's expenditures on security services to keep them in check is very important.
I think that most Russians in the East also have a strong Russian identity.

Funny how Japan and South Korea are on the top 10 of innovation in 2019. View attachment 17807
This is certainly interesting. It does make one wonder whether there is going to be much more scientific publication in these countries in the future--as well as much more Nobel Prizes. I guess that we'll have to wait and see.

It's possible that Charles Murray was too Eurocentric in his book Human Accomplishment. Of course, his book only covers significant figures up to 1950. Maybe someone should write an edition of this book that goes beyond 1950.

Here is your problem:
-The obsession with categorizing and stereotyping ethnic groups, a populaton can have a few geniuses, but a lot of dumb people, the same with a population with a lot of normal people and little geniuses.
Yes, I know.

-False analysis on things like normalized distributions(pseduoscience like Charles Murray the Bell Curve)
If you have more detailed IQ distribution data for various countries, please let me know.

-The lack of insight on strategic limits of a nation
Well, Russia's location certainly isn't ideal. I'll give you that.

-The lack of consideration of cultural factors
Sure, culture could also play a part in this.

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
You are absolutely right. As I suggested to celebrate the Magdeburg Wedding memorial day with Luther figures hanging from the streets so that children can hit them with sticks till they drop candy, they told me we can not do this.

There is just no pride in our history in that country.

Waterloo they do till today... Waterloo... That is so sad. But we do re-enact all the time with them... we just do not show up. *smile
Then how do you explain comrade Merkel and her importation of hundreds of thousands of African and Middle Eastern migrants?

A government that seems to be not only just fine with demographic replacement, but enthusiastic about the prospect, hardly seems to be in step with national pride.