Would Eastern Europe have received a lot of non-White immigration over the last 75 years if it wasn't for Communism?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Qatar is rich due to the oil. I suspect that this is also largely true for the UAE even nowadays. Based on its PISA score, the UAE should be as wealthy as Turkey but probably no more than that. Qatar, of course, should be even poorer since it performs even worse on PISA than the UAE does.

As for Russia, I suspect that Communism has held it back in regards to this to some extent. However, please keep in mind that it's possible that Russians and East Asians are, on average, less creative than Westerners are. Charles Murray's book Human Accomplishment talks about how the overwhelming majority of important achievements were done by either people in Western Europe or people in the US/North America. There's actually a paper about the lack of creativity hypothesis for East Asians:

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

The same could also theoretically be true for Russians. If so, this would mean that the East Asian countries and Russia are perfectly capable of becoming wealthy countries but would also underperform in per capita scientific achievement and innovation.

Also, Yes, Russia did have some problems before Communism--such as the lack of infrastructure, the corruption, et cetera. Still, some of these issues could be fixed and probably are going to get fixed in the future.

Dec 2017
-------
It’s fair to say that northern European countries are more successful than southern and eastern European countries. It may have to do with what is known as protestant work ethic - a concept that emphasises hard work and discipline.
Protestant work ethic - Wikipedia
There are exceptions . Lutheran Latvians and Estonians are not as successuful as most southern and central Europeans. Communism was a setback for both countries.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
It’s fair to say that northern European countries are more successful than southern and eastern European countries. It may have to do with what is known as protestant work ethic - a concept that emphasises hard work and discipline.
Protestant work ethic - Wikipedia
There are exceptions . Lutheran Latvians and Estonians are not as successuful as most southern and central Europeans. Communism was a setback for both countries.
The Protestant work ethic might be a part of it--though it's also possible that Europeans within the Hajnal Line simply evolved differently in comparison to other Europeans:

big summary post on the hajnal line

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
France isn't as wealthy as Germany is (though it is comparable in per capita PPP GDP to the UK), but it does appear to have had a lot of achievement in spite of it being mostly Catholic. Charles Murray's book Human Accomplishment talks about this.

Dec 2017
-------
Turkmenistan has enormous amount of natural gas reserves , 6th in the world. The state has a small population of 5,67 mln. Neibouring countries in central Asia including north-western China want Turkmen gas. The state also has access to shelf of Caspian sea that is rich in crude oil. The country can live from selling natural resources.Yet, the country is one of the poorest among former Soviet republics. Although, the state is building a beautiful capital. I suspect communism was detrimental in many ways to them too.

List of countries by natural gas proven reserves - Wikipedia

Mrbsct

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
USA
Qatar is rich due to the oil. I suspect that this is also largely true for the UAE even nowadays. Based on its PISA score, the UAE should be as wealthy as Turkey but probably no more than that. Qatar, of course, should be even poorer since it performs even worse on PISA than the UAE does.
That doesn't disprove anything. Oil is a resource. Qatar and UAE's excellent geography and population density give it the edge in global shipping and finances and to ship that oil. Many African nations are rich in resources....are they rich like Qatar? Russia although having a lot of oil, has a very diverse population, a very disparging difference between upper and lower clases, and all that stretched over a large area. Russia isn't Canada either, most of Canadians are living in large cities or big towns, most of Russia's population is rural. Again why would they accept immigrants vs people who are struggling?

As for Russia, I suspect that Communism has held it back in regards to this to some extent. However, please keep in mind that it's possible that Russians and East Asians are, on average, less creative than Westerners are. Charles Murray's book Human Accomplishment talks about how the overwhelming majority of important achievements were done by either people in Western Europe or people in the US/North America. There's actually a paper about the lack of creativity hypothesis for East Asians:

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

The same could also theoretically be true for Russians. If so, this would mean that the East Asian countries and Russia are perfectly capable of becoming wealthy countries but would also underperform in per capita scientific achievement and innovation.

Also, Yes, Russia did have some problems before Communism--such as the lack of infrastructure, the corruption, et cetera. Still, some of these issues could be fixed and probably are going to get fixed in the future.
So let me get this straight
Soviets did the first
-put Sputnik in space
-created the first world's ICBM, and we still use Russian rockets
-World's first artifical heart
-Lung transplants
-Most powerful thermonuclear weapon
carbon nanotubes
-space capsule
reetry capsules
stealth planes
ramjet rockets
on and on

Russian are not creative???

Chinese invented gunpowder, paper, crossbow, printing, compass, mechanical clocks, silk, and now are pioneeers in green technology, 5G wireless technology, face reconiction, , and sythetic insuln. Chinese are not creative?

Japan? Don't get me started. Same with Korea and Taiwan.

Overall your theories are just nonsensical and if not based on complete racism. You don't understand why they adopted Communism. It is like saying why would you get mad if I started hitting on your girl.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
That doesn't disprove anything. Oil is a resource. Qatar and UAE's excellent geography and population density give it the edge in global shipping and finances and to ship that oil. Many African nations are rich in resources....are they rich like Qatar?
Some are relatively rich--such as Gabon.

Russia although having a lot of oil, has a very diverse population,
80+% ethnic Russian isn't that diverse.

a very disparging difference between upper and lower clases, and all that stretched over a large area.
And there's much less income inequality on the UAE and Qatar?

Russia isn't Canada either, most of Canadians are living in large cities or big towns, most of Russia's population is rural. Again why would they accept immigrants vs people who are struggling?
Actually, Russia is 74% urban right now:

Demographics of Russia - Wikipedia

Also, if WWIII would have broken out in the 1940s, Russia would have experienced regime change and thus would have began its journey into capitalism much earlier and become much wealthier by now.

So let me get this straight
Soviets did the first
-put Sputnik in space
-created the first world's ICBM, and we still use Russian rockets
-World's first artifical heart
-Lung transplants
-Most powerful thermonuclear weapon
carbon nanotubes
-space capsule
reetry capsules
stealth planes
ramjet rockets
on and on

Russian are not creative???

Chinese invented gunpowder, paper, crossbow, printing, compass, mechanical clocks, silk, and now are pioneeers in green technology, 5G wireless technology, face reconiction, , and sythetic insuln. Chinese are not creative?

Japan? Don't get me started. Same with Korea and Taiwan.

Overall your theories are just nonsensical and if not based on complete racism. You don't understand why they adopted Communism. It is like saying why would you get mad if I started hitting on your girl.
Take it up with Charles Murray, not with me. It's possible that Murray's research is a bit too Western-centric. However, it is worth noting that, due to Russia (especially if one also includes Ukraine and Belarus) and China having so many people, one would expect some technological innovation out of there by virtue of sheer numbers even if they would hypothetically be less creative than Westerners are.

For what it's worth, East Asian countries do appear to underperform a bit in regards to their publications in the scientific journal Nature:

Nature Index 2018

The same also appears to be true for Russia--which lags behind Sweden in spite of having a population more than a dozen times larger! :(