Would Eastern Europe have received a lot of non-White immigration over the last 75 years if it wasn't for Communism?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
As for adopting Communism, Eastern Europe and Russia did not do so voluntarily. The Bolsheviks actually lost the 1917 Russian elections and Eastern Europe--with the partial exception of Czechoslovakia--had Communism shoved down their throats by the Red Army after the end of WWII.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Inventiveness, very possibly--though perhaps less than you think due to regression towards the mean. IQ, I doubt it due to the fact that killing off the smartest 1% isn't going to have much of an impact on the average IQ.

Mrbsct

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
USA
Actually, Russia and Eastern Europe are not as urbanized as the West. The definition of urbanized vs rural may be split, but it is nowhere as developed. I quick look at Google Maps you can find the road systems nowhere as dense and the cities being mainly centered in the Western sectors around Moscow. You see why they wouldn't be accepting of immigrants? Even today Russians don't really look up to Steve Jobs type people, because it is cultural. It isn't Communism that makes people hate intellectuals.
download.jpeg
Gabbon is nowhere near a top GDP per captia nation, so the idea that natural resources makes you rich is simply untrue. Culture and geography and institutions, you are ignoring. Most Qataris live a middle class lifestyle by the way.

Russia is diverse. The problem isn't demgraphics per se, it is that the population is spread out and are not really assimlated into a similar Russian identity. Deep in past the steppe, is a very diverse Russa, while most Russians live the Western sector. So Russia's expenditures on security services to keep them in check is very important.

Funny how Japan and South Korea are on the top 10 of innovation in 2019. -1x-1.png
Here is your problem:
-The obsession with categorizing and stereotyping ethnic groups, a populaton can have a few geniuses, but a lot of dumb people, the same with a population with a lot of normal people and little geniuses.
-False analysis on things like normalized distributions(pseduoscience like Charles Murray the Bell Curve)
-The lack of insight on strategic limits of a nation
-The lack of consideration of cultural factors

Last edited:
Dec 2017
-------
Actually, Russia and Eastern Europe are not as urbanized as the West. The definition of urbanized vs rural may be split, but it is nowhere as developed.
I checked the stats. 79% of French and British populations live in urban areas. 80% of Americans live in urban area. 74% of Russians live in urban area. The difference is marginal.

Mrbsct

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
USA
I checked the stats. 79% of French and British populations live in urban areas. 80% of Americans live in urban area. 74% of Russians live in urban area. The difference is marginal.
Yeah how "urbanized" are those areas. Most towns around my area have a Walmart, Safeway, tech store. With Russia I am suprised. A quick look at Google Maps and you see Russia a rather low in road development and heavy reliance on Moscow itself.

Dec 2017
-------
Yeah how "urbanized" are those areas. Most towns around my area have a Walmart, Safeway, tech store. With Russia I am suprised. A quick look at Google Maps and you see Russia a rather low in road development and heavy reliance on Moscow itself.
Of course Russia has low road developments due to vast territory Many rural areas in Siberia can be accessed by helicopters only. Urban area have city status. Small cities havew population of 50,000 to 100,000/ Then cities :100,00-250,000, 250,000-500,000, 500,000-1mln, and cities with population over 1mln. A city has roads, kindergartens, schools, hospitals , insitutions, pollice and other infrastructures, high rise apartments. You have a weird prejudice. East European countries are urbanised. I suspect some East European countries are more urbanised than West European countries.

Mar 2014
Lithuania
At least now non white emigration is centered on countries that have generous social systems. Basically, if country is willing to give out generous stipends for non working population they will have a lot of non white immigrants. If you have a lot of jobs you will likely get white immigrants. There are exceptions such as Chinese cooks etc. So, development, communist everything is less important than amount of free money. For example, right now most Syrian or Afgani refugees try to escape Lithuania if they are placed here and go West or North. At the same time there are a lot of Ukrainians, Belorussians, some Moldovans who come for work and seem to like it here.

Mrbsct

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
USA
Of course Russia has low road developments due to vast territory Many rural areas in Siberia can be accessed by helicopters only. Urban area have city status. Small cities havew population of 50,000 to 100,000/ Then cities :100,00-250,000, 250,000-500,000, 500,000-1mln, and cities with population over 1mln. A city has roads, kindergartens, schools, hospitals , insitutions, pollice and other infrastructures, high rise apartments. You have a weird prejudice. East European countries are urbanised. I suspect some East European countries are more urbanised than West European countries.
Well I never been to Russia, but I have been to Poland. It is nowhere like US and nowhere as developed. I expect Russia is similar judging by the poverty rates and alcholism.

Not really. Somebody on here thinks Russia is not as developed as the West because they "lack creatvity", which I clearly debunked. It is the environment that makes what Russia is.

Mar 2014
Lithuania
Well I never been to Russia, but I have been to Poland. It is nowhere like US and nowhere as developed. I expect Russia is similar judging by the poverty rates and alcholism.

Not really. Somebody on here thinks Russia is not as developed as the West because they "lack creatvity", which I clearly debunked. It is the environment that makes what Russia is.
What environment? I would think, that USA and Russia has quite similar environment actually? Or I am wrong? Just Russia has less warm water access.