Would Eastern Europe have received a lot of non-White immigration over the last 75 years if it wasn't for Communism?

Dec 2017
-------
Well I never been to Russia, but I have been to Poland. It is nowhere like US and nowhere as developed. I expect Russia is similar judging by the poverty rates and alcholism.

Not really. Somebody on here thinks Russia is not as developed as the West because they "lack creatvity", which I clearly debunked. It is the environment that makes what Russia is.
If you go to Chukotka 80km away from Alaska across Bering strait, where Chukchas are permitted to hunt whales using their traditional methods, or Kamchatka where probably more brown bears than people, then you won't find many roads and developed infrastructure. How many people live in those regions? Few.

Feb 2019
Serbia
In reply to the OP: Most likely not if we count in cultural factors and economic systems. When people here emigrate to a different, western country with a different culture it is only natural that they should accept the language and the culture of their new nation and work as their fully functional citizens. If migrants don't integrate or imply refuse to live as natural citizens and push their own culture onto others they will hardly be tolerated here. In states that give out welfare or ''free money'' for the ones that do not work the number of non-white immigrants seems to be higher. An example I personally see every once in a while is when migrants from the Middle East or elsewhere come here they are not here to stay. They continue onwards to Slovenia or Germany or even Sweden, the richer countries that do have welfare. It is more than just ''communism this, communism that...'' and while communism undoubtedly played a role in migration there is far more to it. I also strongly disagree with your view that high diversity is good, especially if the migrants refuse to integrate. It can only be a burden on the host population and damage native culture. Due to culture and a strong sense of tradition Eastern Europe would likely not be on board with neo-liberalism and globalism.

Mrbsct

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
USA
What environment? I would think, that USA and Russia has quite similar environment actually? Or I am wrong? Just Russia has less warm water access.
It's colder in Russia, lack of warm water ports, less crop yields(over half of US is arriable land), Russia is larger so harder to manage, US has a whole bunch of navigable rivers(Mississippi the largest navigable river in the world), Russian's minorities are not really assimilated, while American minorities have some sense of their Americanism, Russia is placed in vulrable strategic points while America is defended by the ocean, so often Russians have a much more paranoid mindset and have a higher military spending in terms of GDP per capita than the US.

Mar 2014
Lithuania
It's colder in Russia, lack of warm water ports, less crop yields(over half of US is arriable land), Russia is larger so harder to manage, US has a whole bunch of navigable rivers(Mississippi the largest navigable river in the world), Russian's minorities are not really assimilated, while American minorities have some sense of their Americanism, Russia is placed in vulrable strategic points while America is defended by the ocean, so often Russians have a much more paranoid mindset and have a higher military spending in terms of GDP per capita than the US.
Temperature, it depends where. Russia have very warm territories near Central Asia, Black and Caspian Sea. They have bunch of navigable rivers, no one as useful as Mississippi of course. They have ports that do not freeze in Baltic sea and warm ports in Black sea. Maybe they have half of arable land in comparison to USA, but they have more arable land than they will ever need. They have pristine arable land that was first used only in last century. 81% of population are Russians, there no minorities that would reach 10% mark, so i that respect they are better of than USA. Vulnerable for outside attacks the only thing that really stands out.

Dec 2017
-------
Russia has warm water ports in Black sea (Novorossiysk), Baltic sea (Kaliningrad) and Nakhodka (Japanese sea) is not frozen. A little bit ice in some parts of the but ice-breakers are not required In Nakhodka. Russian cities Sochi (Black Sea ) and Vladivostok (Japanese sea) are on the same parallel as southern France and northern Spain.
Russian minorities are forgetting their native languages. Some natives are not required to do compulsory military service because they are getting assimilated into Russian community and disappearing. Young generation. Many Tatars living in cities don't speak Tatars. Many can only understand the language but can't speak.

Northern states would have similar environment as southern regions of Russia. Canadian environment would be me similar to that of Russia.

PS I can understand people may not about some things. I don't understand why people write about things they don't know.

Last edited:

Mrbsct

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
USA
Temperature, it depends where. Russia have very warm territories near Central Asia, Black and Caspian Sea. They have bunch of navigable rivers, no one as useful as Mississippi of course. They have ports that do not freeze in Baltic sea and warm ports in Black sea. Maybe they have half of arable land in comparison to USA, but they have more arable land than they will ever need. They have pristine arable land that was first used only in last century. 81% of population are Russians, there no minorities that would reach 10% mark, so i that respect they are better of than USA. Vulnerable for outside attacks the only thing that really stands out.
Russia has warm water ports in Black sea (Novorossiysk), Baltic sea (Kaliningrad) and Nakhodka (Japanese sea) is not frozen. A little bit ice in some parts of the but ice-breakers are not required In Nakhodka. Russian cities Sochi (Black Sea ) and Vladivostok (Japanese sea) are on the same parallel as southern France and northern Spain.
Russian minorities are forgetting their native languages. Some natives are not required to do compulsory military service because they are getting assimilated into Russian community and disappearing. Young generation. Many Tatars living in cities don't speak Tatars. Many can only understand the language but can't speak.

Northern states would have similar environment as southern regions of Russia. Canadian environment would be me similar to that of Russia.

PS I can understand people may not about some things. I don't understand why people write about things they don't know.
It is important to take in consideration infrastructure doesn't grow overnight. Russian agriculture and crop yields are known to be lagging behind the West. This is why the Ukraine was so important in WWII. Their Black sea Crimea port, has only been taken recently. Yes, they have a few ports....that is the point. Russian minorities are assimlating but nowhere near the USA. The Checyan Sepratists are proof of that.

I am not denying Russia has these things, the point is it doesn't have enough of those things compared to the West. This isn't no bashing Russia or shaming Russia, it is to explain a lot of its thinking. Securing the Crimea gets another port. A strong military blocks of the Northern European plain for any invasion. A large security aparetus keeps the large population spread out under control. It explains, Russia's political history, rather than a simplified "muh communism".

Dec 2017
-------
It is important to take in consideration infrastructure doesn't grow overnight. Russian agriculture and crop yields are known to be lagging behind the West. This is why the Ukraine was so important in WWII. Their Black sea Crimea port, has only been taken recently. Yes, they have a few ports....that is the point. Russian minorities are assimlating but nowhere near the USA. The Checyan Sepratists are proof of that.

I am not denying Russia has these things, the point is it doesn't have enough of those things compared to the West. This isn't no bashing Russia or shaming Russia, it is to explain a lot of its thinking. Securing the Crimea gets another port. A strong military blocks of the Northern European plain for any invasion. A large security aparetus keeps the large population spread out under control. It explains, Russia's political history, rather than a simplified "muh communism".
Port in Sevastopol (Crimea ) is more of a Navy base. It's not about bashing Russia. You are writing about things you don't know. For example, Russia is the only country that has nuclear-powered icebreaker fleet . Nine or ten ships I cannot recall now. US has one and not nuclear powered? There's arctic sea route. It takes quicker to get to Japan and south-eastern Asia from north-western Europe, northern Europe and northern Russia via this route than via Suez canal and Indian ocean.

Mrbsct

Ad Honorem
Jul 2013
USA
Port in Sevastopol (Crimea ) is more of a Navy base. It's not about bashing Russia. You are writing about things you don't know. For example, Russia is the only country that has nuclear-powered icebreaker fleet . Nine or ten ships I cannot recall now. US has one and not nuclear powered? There's arctic sea route. It takes quicker to get to Japan and south-eastern Asia from north-western Europe, northern Europe and northern Russia via this route than via Suez canal and Indian ocean.
Russia has a powerful icebreaker fleet, because it needs one. If you really think Russia is a global shipping power, go ahead. The more ports, the more ships that can be mantained at on different points, meaning more tonnage shipped.
1280px-Shipping_routes_red_black.png