Would Europe ever stage a rescue invasion of the United States?

HistoryFreak1912

Ad Honorem
Apr 2009
Alabama, USA
I know it sounds pretentious, but bear with me:

Okay, know how the Allied powers rescued Europe from Hitler and the Nazis during WWII? Well, it got me to thinking...what would have to happen in order for Europe to mount a "rescue invasion" of the USA?

I can't use 'tyrannical ruler' because then they'd say "Well, it's your own bloody fault for electing the guy!"

Like if Yellowstone blew up and pretty much wiped us out, would Europe come and clean up the mess or would they just let us smolder a bit for a decade or two before considering coming in? :lol:

Somehow I doubt they'd do the honor of coming in and restoring the US. I think they'd come in and carve out chunks for their own territory, so it'd look like how it was back in the Colonial era.

So, discuss! :zany::lol::eek:

Mar 2011
Gateshead, England
That is a very good question. I think in theory they would all agree that something should be done to help America. In practice they would all disagree on what should be done. The British would immediately form a committee to talk about it. So they would get around to it in a year or two.

Salah

Forum Staff
Oct 2009
Maryland
I'd like to think the Brits would help out to some degree. Who would help and what they would do would depend on exactly what sort of disaster happened to the US, of course.

Aug 2010
Central Macedonia
Yes, that is a possible senario, HistoryFreak. A European rescue invasion would be formed.... Which countries would have participated is a long discussion though. Britain, France and a couple more countries perhaps.

HistoryFreak1912

Ad Honorem
Apr 2009
Alabama, USA
I'd like to think the Brits would help out to some degree. Who would help and what they would do would depend on exactly what sort of disaster happened to the US, of course.
Agreed. If it were a mega Yellowstone-like disaster, I'd imagine the Brits coming in with supplies and troops to help stabilize the US. I could see them putting us under their wings until they got us back onto our feet again.

If we were enduring a Hitler of our own who persecuted us and turned this country in a police state...well..I'd hope they'd launch a rescue invasion to save us.

Apr 2011
Yorkshire, England.
Good question, i would hope here in Europe we'd help you without any reservations but the left wing, which is generally anti-American would drag their feet. Personally i would help you out at the drop of a hat, not least because i have an uncle who lives in the US.

Aug 2010
Central Macedonia
Good question, i would hope here in Europe we'd help you without any reservations but the left wing, which is generally anti-American would drag their feet. Personally i would help you out at the drop of a hat, not least because i have an uncle who lives in the US.

You must be the first member from Iceland I think! Welcome aboard!
How is Icelandic economy doing?

Zeno

Ad Honoris
Jan 2010
♪♬ ♫♪♩
But all loans would be in Euros, and have to be paid back by buying European goods, in Euros.

Earl_of_Rochester

Ad Honoris
Feb 2011
Perambulating in St James' Park
After selling you a load of duff kit in exchange for all your overseas military bases and shedloads of wonga we'd probably help you out a bit.

Might even plant a flag while we're at it ;)

All we need is a horrible little chap in Mexico with a funny moustache and then get you to sign a few debilitating disarmament treaties.

EoR