WW2: how many Soviet soldiers died in 1943 in the battle of Kiev Kyiv?

Jul 2016
riverside
<<the "Kremlin" had no intent to exterminate the Ukrainian people , just to oppress them like they oppressed everybody else >>

I strongly disagree.

Polish people (last name ends with "skiy" - get on the NKVD list) - is an example of extermination - Polish officers executed, civilian Polish men living in Ukraine pretty much forever, - killed or sent to Gulag, while Polish women and children sent to Poland.
German people in "New Russian" land renamed as Kaliningrad were deported to Germany. Russians quickly moved in in their homes.
Crimean Tatard were declared "traitors" and deported to die or survive elsewhere, and Russian people quickly moved in in their houses.

Where do you see "equally oppressed"?

Jul 2016
riverside
Deviation and flipping is a poor discussion tactics.

Let me refine the OP question: if the Red Army uses locals as disposable material against German forces, will the Kremlin officials count those dead local civilians as the Red Army soldiers killed in the action?

Yes or no? And there is no need to flip towards Russian priests, unless they massively participated in the battle of the Dnieper.

Jul 2016
USA
Deviation and flipping is a poor discussion tactics.

Let me refine the OP question: if the Red Army uses locals as disposable material against German forces, will the Kremlin officials count those dead local civilians as the Red Army soldiers killed in the action?

Yes or no? And there is no need to flip towards Russian priests, unless they massively participated in the battle of the Dnieper.
Considering you haven't at all focused on the battle of the Dnieper at all in this entire thread, who is the one deviating and flipping?

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
I'm not in the mood to argue ,
whatever their origins or mode of recruitment ,
be it drafted locally or from afar , volunteers from the factories or gulag , straff battalions or member of guards units
all were under the soviet banner as a matter of international law
All Ukrainians of the proper age group in the liberated zones were available for service in the RKKA ,
if they were in the service for a few days or years didn't matter , they were legally Soviet Citizen

Jul 2016
riverside
In theory, what you say is more or less the way it should be.
In the real life it can be different ... how do you know that civilian "pidzhachniki" were properly registered and the total number of their dead bodies honestly reported?

Last edited:
Jul 2016
riverside
aggienation,
I don't know how you managed to climb to the Ad Honorem... you don't seem to be capable of understanding the OP and subsequent related, historic questions...
you just bouncing words and flipping...
What are you doing on this thread ?