WW2 medals.

It may help to post a few pictures of the medals themselves but I can try my best to give you an estimation. The value of your piece certainly depends on on its condition, but a Faithful Service Medal is generally given a base value of $40. In this case, I am referencing the fourth edition of Vernon's Collector's Guide, which was published in 2000, so you may need to adjust accordingly for today's market. Matching the medal with its original case, however, would definitely increase the price. If you would like, you can view similar medals that recently sold at auction here: Faithful Service Decoration - Third Reich Civil Medals & Awards - Germany - Europe. Note that a cased first class 40-year service medal with pin was sold for $140, this is on the higher end I would imagine. The Sudeten Medal is a similar case. Vernon's Guide sets the price at $40, but you can also research recent auctions to keep up with the current market price. An example on the higher end can be found here: A Commemorative Sudetenland Medal in its Original Case of Issue. In terms of which medal is considered 'better', I would argue that they are equal in rarity, price, and value. If you have more questions, feel free to let me know. I hope that this helps.

Jun 2017
UK
It may help to post a few pictures of the medals themselves but I can try my best to give you an estimation. The value of your piece certainly depends on on its condition, but a Faithful Service Medal is generally given a base value of $40. In this case, I am referencing the fourth edition of Vernon's Collector's Guide, which was published in 2000, so you may need to adjust accordingly for today's market. Matching the medal with its original case, however, would definitely increase the price. If you would like, you can view similar medals that recently sold at auction here: Faithful Service Decoration - Third Reich Civil Medals & Awards - Germany - Europe. Note that a cased first class 40-year service medal with pin was sold for $140, this is on the higher end I would imagine. The Sudeten Medal is a similar case. Vernon's Guide sets the price at $40, but you can also research recent auctions to keep up with the current market price. An example on the higher end can be found here: A Commemorative Sudetenland Medal in its Original Case of Issue. In terms of which medal is considered 'better', I would argue that they are equal in rarity, price, and value. If you have more questions, feel free to let me know. I hope that this helps.
Is this a legit 2nd class iron cross? First World War.

Attachments

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
The IC2 looks alright to me, I'd get more pictures though. I think they might have maker's marks on the ring or something? I'm not sure, never dealt speciffically with Iron Crosses, but a lot of German medals have a small stamp on them, since many makers made them. Double sided medals like this one usually have it on the ribbon ring. If it doesn't though, it doesn't mean it's fake since not all makers stamped their medals.

Similar History Discussions