WW2-world without communism

Jan 2013
România
What would happen, let's say that Germany conquer Rusia in 1942 and then Antanta after few years atac Germany whit atomic bomb in 2-3 cities ending the war and all nowadays former comunist countries were under there's influence and become democratic countries?

Jan 2013
Your question is way too vague. Also, conquering the USSR is impossible. It could however be possible to negotiate a treaty with the USSR after Germany's initial successes (or to simply accept one of Stalin's peace offers), although that would require a different German leader. Germany would definitely be unable to reach Atlanta, let alone capture it. And why Atlanta?

Jan 2013
România
Way impossible? Atlanta?? Antanta = Triple Entente alliance. In 1942 Germania atac direct Moscow and conquer Rusia. Then America, enter the war and in 1945 after long battles give Germani and Japan atomic bombs...then rusians became a democratic country.

off post = "conquering the USSR is impossible". Whit England accepting Hitlers peace offer let's say in 1941 and Germani whit only one open front of war in Russia then..conquering the USSR in 1942 would been possible

WeisSaul

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
New Amsterdam
Yeah, taking Moscow wouldn't have stopped the USSR. Stalin had already been moving industry east of the Urals for months. There's no way the Nazis could reach the Urals, they had already reached the furthest their logistics could take them.

The best peace deal the Nazis could have gotten would have been Ukraine, Crimea, Belarus, the Baltics, and Greater Finland.

Even if the Nazis had accepted one of Stalin's multiple attempts at peace, the Soviets would have just taken their stuff back later, and by later I mean 2 to 3 years tops. The US would have continued to invest into the USSR and send supplies in order to keep pressure on the Reich. Eventually the red army would have reached the Rhine.

Jan 2013
Way impossible? Atlanta?? Antanta = Triple Entente alliance. In 1942 Germania atac direct Moscow and conquer Rusia. Then America, enter the war and in 1945 after long battles give Germani and Japan atomic bombs...then rusians became a democratic country.

off post = "conquering the USSR is impossible". Whit England accepting Hitlers peace offer let's say in 1941 and Germani whit only one open front of war in Russia then..conquering the USSR in 1942 would been possible
Ah I misread your first post, sorry. Well there's a very good story about this pretty much happening on the internet. It's called "The Anglo/American - Nazi War". I'm not gonna advertise, if you're interested search for it on Google. ;)

Underlankers

Ad Honorem
Feb 2013
I actually did a timeline where World War II happened in a world without Communism. The point of divergence was Ben Butler becoming Vice President and and David Hunter assuming command of the Army of the James, which ensures the CSA collapses in 1864, which ensures Maximilian von Habsburg becomes a major figure of liberalism in the ATL Austrian regime and creates a means for Austria to survive as a liberal Austria up until the outbreak of the alternate First World War.

Russia loses by a whisker the Ottoman-Russian War of 1877, and France invades and conquers Egypt, leading to the ingredients of a UK-German alliance against Austria, Russia, and France. World War I breaks out in 1916 with a much more militarized (indeed already tilting to a kind of White-Stalinism instead of the OTL Soviet-style system) Russia joining the ATL Allies in a two-year war where the combined power of German and British (and US) armies breaks France and Austria, and Russia gets defeated with its armies still on foreign soil.

A generation later Russia is ruled by the Fascist People's Will Party, and initiates a Second World War with the Ma-clique ruled Republic of China, this Eastern Alliance confronting the Central Powers in a two-year WWII that sees a nuclear exchange, mass gas attacks, China getting everything it wanted in a hurry and Russia overstretching itself but better off than much of Central Europe. The Second Great Game between the USA with Apartheid-esque Trialism and Fascist-Tsarist Russia follows.

Communism begins ITTL in Iran, and starts to spread around the world exploiting the hubris of the superpowers and when fascism falls in Russia to a Tsarist Restoration the Communists start to pick up on a disgruntled anti-democratic masses who are disillusioned by the fall of one ideology and then discover the more 'rational' and utopian one.....which is where I ended the timeline.

Reactions: Futurist