WWI Trivia

I’m working on a WWI crossword puzzle and can’t find these two answers. Cookies for anyone who can help me! :D

1. The German-French border where most of the fighting took place ( _ _ _ _ E _ _ _ _ _ _ _ )

2. Unofficial leader of Germany who came up with the alliances to protect his country ( _ I _ _ _ _ _ _ )

Thanks.

Belisarius

Forum Staff
Jun 2006
U.K.
I’m working on a WWI crossword puzzle and can’t find these two answers. Cookies for anyone who can help me! :D

1. The German-French border where most of the fighting took place ( _ _ _ _ E _ _ _ _ _ _ _ )
I would have thought most of the fighting took place in Champagne, Picardy, and Nord-Pas de Calais, as well as part of Belgium. Nothing much happened in Alsace-Lorraine after 1914. Just a thought.

avon

Forum Staff
May 2008
Umm ... Alsace-Lorraine doesn't even fit the blanks!! I would've been more inclined to say 'Rhine Valley' but that doesn't quite fit either!

Last edited:
Dec 2008

would it not be westernfront.
kilvil

Lucius

Forum Staff
Jan 2007
Nebraska
purpleisbeagle,

What are some of the clues to the words which cross the mystery battle area? If we know enough of them, we can figure it out better.