Yauna Takabara- the Ancient Macedonians

Status
Closed
Aug 2019
North
Yauna means ionian. Yet, the macedonians were not ionians. Hence, there is no way on earth that the macedonians were greek.
Your thoughts?

Shaheen

Ad Honorem
May 2011
Sweden
Ionion was used by Middle Eastern folks to refer to all Greeks. Even today Yunan (Ionia) is the word used to refer to Greece in Arabic, Persian and even Urdu.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Yauna means ionian. Yet, the macedonians were not ionians. Hence, there is no way on earth that the macedonians were greek.
Your thoughts?
My thoughts are that you have been presenting us consecutively with threads about the Macedonians, the Ancient ones, with a language related with the Greek, and the “new” Slavic ones, the ones with a language related with the Bulgarian, and yet you never present us a coherent reasoning or a respectable source for your thoughts or your line of reasoning, whatever it is (I still didn’t figure it out), or even a single quote that demonstrates it, and when questioned you dump us with links that aren’t related.

Reactions: At Each Kilometer
Aug 2019
North
Ionion was used by Middle Eastern folks to refer to all Greeks. Even today Yunan (Ionia) is the word used to refer to Greece in Arabic, Persian and even Urdu.
Wasn't yauna maybe used by these folks for the europeans in general? I mean, the old persian knew only the ancient greeks as far as europeans were concerned.
And the fact that they still use that word today can be explained by tradition.

Aug 2019
North
My thoughts are that you have been presenting us consecutively with threads about the Macedonians, the Ancient ones, with a language related with the Greek, and the “new” Slavic ones, the ones with a language related with the Bulgarian, and yet you never present us a coherent reasoning or a respectable source for your thoughts or your line of reasoning, whatever it is (I still didn’t figure it out), or even a single quote that demonstrates it, and when questioned you dump us with links that aren’t related.
Language does not define ethnicity. Portuguese is similar to spanish, for example.
And, the ancient macedonians never spoke ancient greek.

Oct 2012
Wasn't yauna maybe used by these folks for the europeans in general? I mean, the old persian knew only the ancient greeks as far as europeans were concerned.
And the fact that they still use that word today can be explained by tradition.
No, Yauna meant Greek. For example they called Trachians Skudra. Macedonians=Yauna=Greek. And words that people use can be mostly explained by tradition, you got that right.

Aug 2019
North
No, Yauna meant Greek. For example they called Trachians Skudra. Macedonians=Yauna=Greek. And words that people use can be mostly explained by tradition, you got that right.
Why did persians add takabara then? Did persians call all of the thracians skudra? Mind you, thracians were living in asia minor as well.
I meant passive tradition.

Last edited:
Aug 2019
North
Lalli, you liar.. Skudra means territory comprised of macedonia and thrace..

Last edited:
Status
Closed