Yet Another Slander To Ataturk

Chlodio

Forum Staff
Aug 2016
Dispargum
Sorry - could you explain your comment about duplicated thread? This is the first time I have written this!
Yes, you wrote it once, but you wrote it in a different thread. We closed that other thread which was a duplicate thread. I copied your post from that thread into this one.If you want to re post it here under your own name go ahead and copy and paste it and I'll delete my copy of your post.

Mar 2015
Yorkshire
Yes, you wrote it once, but you wrote it in a different thread. We closed that other thread which was a duplicate thread. I copied your post from that thread into this one.If you want to re post it here under your own name go ahead and copy and paste it and I'll delete my copy of your post.
Ok understood - my mistake, just leave it here.

Mar 2016
Eindhoven
Seems more like a political take rather than historical. The word "traitor" triggers me in a historical context.

Mar 2016
Eindhoven
Mustafa Kemal was an extreme pragmatist. If this is real, to me, this is an attempt to exploit Brit. There is no way he would allow any one but the Ottomans (Turks) rule Anatolia.

Ataturk's genius and achievements are not up to discussion. People are free to slander him but frankly I think this is inane.

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Mustafa Kemal was an extreme pragmatist. If this is real, to me, this is an attempt to exploit Brit. There is no way he would allow any one but the Ottomans (Turks) rule Anatolia.

Ataturk's genius and achievements are not up to discussion. People are free to slander him but frankly I think this is inane.
Ataturk certainly achieved a lot, but I don't think he should be above criticism.

Mar 2016
Eindhoven
Ataturk certainly achieved a lot, but I don't think he should be above criticism.
No one is above criticism but that’s not what I said. As a Turk, however, I can not find much to criticize him. I am slightly biased.

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
No one is above criticism but that’s not what I said. As a Turk, however, I can not find much to criticize him. I am slightly biased.
Yes, from a Turkish POV, Ataturk certainly deserves praise. But we should also examine some of the more controversial aspects of him and of the Turkish War of Independence, namely the expulsions of Armenians and Greeks.

Mar 2016
Eindhoven
Yes, from a Turkish POV, Ataturk certainly deserves praise. But we should also examine some of the more controversial aspects of him and of the Turkish War of Independence, namely the expulsions of Armenians and Greeks.
Armenians were long gone when he was in power. What expulsion are you talking about in specific?