You can change 10 national borders worldwide; which ones would you change?

Sep 2014
Texas
You CAN'T ask this and expect me to resist making some rather interesting border situations.

* Israel is given to the Assyrian Christians
* Alsace-Lorraine is now the new home of Israel
* Mexico should own the chunk of the US that roughly covers Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Nevada
* Louisiana should become the property of Iran
* Alabama property of Saudi Arabia
* Kashmir also becomes part of Iran
* The Middle of Lebanon will be given to ISIS
* Eastern Germany will be given to Turkey
* London is given to France
* Paris is given to England

Now the question: How does WW3 start?
easy enough. Texas would start it. As a Texan you aren't giving us to anyone. This would lead to California siding with Mexico who would get the UN involved. Israel would support Texas which would bring the Iranians in...it would be one hell of a war but in the end Texas would still be Texas.

Reactions: Futurist

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
I like Sundanese isolationist history. Ragusa got a Game of thrones throne so it's a good start. Venetians need to get away from pesky Italians, Chechens, Corsicans, Basques are too obvious to explain. Africans whatever they please on whatever grounds. Also few states of current South Africa (Cape and Johannesburg to whites). I like Hyderabad nizams, India is a joke anyway. Also Tamils, Telugu and Kannada can get their states but Tamils will be ruled by an eternal Chola dynasty again and Telugu by Baahubali. I propose to drawn Kashmir valley with water and to make internal sea there. All problems solved. Of course Zanzibar needs sultan and slave markets open, it's constitution will have democratic slavery in first sentence.

Cowboys will also ride many horses. Northern half of Slovenia will join Austria, ones on Venetian border can join Venetian republic together with Croatian Istra and northern islands and Ljubljana can go quack itself.

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
easy enough. Texas would start it. As a Texan you aren't giving us to anyone. This would lead to California siding with Mexico who would get the UN involved. Israel would support Texas which would bring the Iranians in...it would be one hell of a war but in the end Texas would still be Texas.
I was first to propose your independence again because you have cool hats, big guns and 3 NBA teams.

Reactions: bedb and Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Why'd California side with Mexico?

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
Few more historical states this world really needs:

Republic of the Rio Grande
Champa
Raj of Sarawak
State of Deseret
State of Muskogee
Golden Horde (we need few khans and khagans although I propose to turn to old ways, to chanyus)
Kingdom of Gwynned
State of Teutonic order (world needs faith, Kaliningrad will be renamed to Konigsberg and all crusading faithfuls will be asked to join)
Tabaristan under Zoroastrians
Nanzhao or Dali state
Goguryeo

Aug 2019
United States
I've always thought about Pakistan acquiring the Wakhan corridor from Afghanistan so we can border Tajikistan.